Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program is Approved!
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday January 12, 2010
Nyack College and ATS President Dr. Michael G. Scales along with Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs Dr. David F. Turk announced to the campus community that the New York State Board of Regents approved Nyack's application to offer the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, which will launch in fall 2010.
Says Dr. Scales, Nyack’s 12th president, “There are documents going back 50 years showing that a nursing program was in discussion. In the entire history of this institution, this is our first health professional degree!”
“Gratitude and congratulations go out to Dr. Inseon Hwang and Dr. Ben Schepens for all their diligent work in seeing this program through the arduous approval process,” Dr. Turk shares. He adds that Dr. Teresa Wood has also given invaluable service as a consultant over the past two years.
For more information,phone Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Dinesh Mahtani at 1.800.33.NYACK (69225) or email Dinesh.Mahtani@nyack.edu for information on the curriculum and the application process. Details on the program, including curriculum can be found at http://nyack.edu/content/Nursing_Home.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>