Community Service Projects for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Nyack College and The United Way of Rockland are coordinating community service opportunities at the following locations on federal holiday, Monday, January 18, observing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. As an expression of gratitude for serving, volunteers qualify for free tickets to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Multicultural Center Jazz Concert to be held at Riverspace Arts in Nyack at 7:00 p.m.
Service projects sites are the following:
Community Action Program Residence, Valley Cottage, NY: Ten to 12 volunteers are needed to paint. Two shifts: 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
Nyack Center, Nyack, NY: Ten to 12 volunteers are needed for cleaning and repair projects. Two shifts: 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
People to People, Nanuet, NY: Six volunteers are needed to stock the pantry and distribute goods from 11 am to 2 pm.
West Street Child Care and Learning Center in Spring Valley, NY: needs two teams of 10-12 volunteers for classroom painting. Two shifts: 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
Supplies and lunch will be provided for volunteers. For more information, contact the Nyack College Office of Community Relations at 845.675.4791.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>