Community Service Projects for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Nyack College and The United Way of Rockland are coordinating community service opportunities at the following locations on federal holiday, Monday, January 18, observing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. As an expression of gratitude for serving, volunteers qualify for free tickets to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Multicultural Center Jazz Concert to be held at Riverspace Arts in Nyack at 7:00 p.m.
Service projects sites are the following:
Community Action Program Residence, Valley Cottage, NY: Ten to 12 volunteers are needed to paint. Two shifts: 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
Nyack Center, Nyack, NY: Ten to 12 volunteers are needed for cleaning and repair projects. Two shifts: 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
People to People, Nanuet, NY: Six volunteers are needed to stock the pantry and distribute goods from 11 am to 2 pm.
West Street Child Care and Learning Center in Spring Valley, NY: needs two teams of 10-12 volunteers for classroom painting. Two shifts: 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
Supplies and lunch will be provided for volunteers. For more information, contact the Nyack College Office of Community Relations at 845.675.4791.
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- October 31: Next Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Browse Blog Archive>>