Community Service Projects for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Nyack College and The United Way of Rockland are coordinating community service opportunities at the following locations on federal holiday, Monday, January 18, observing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. As an expression of gratitude for serving, volunteers qualify for free tickets to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Multicultural Center Jazz Concert to be held at Riverspace Arts in Nyack at 7:00 p.m.
Service projects sites are the following:
Community Action Program Residence, Valley Cottage, NY: Ten to 12 volunteers are needed to paint. Two shifts: 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
Nyack Center, Nyack, NY: Ten to 12 volunteers are needed for cleaning and repair projects. Two shifts: 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
People to People, Nanuet, NY: Six volunteers are needed to stock the pantry and distribute goods from 11 am to 2 pm.
West Street Child Care and Learning Center in Spring Valley, NY: needs two teams of 10-12 volunteers for classroom painting. Two shifts: 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
Supplies and lunch will be provided for volunteers. For more information, contact the Nyack College Office of Community Relations at 845.675.4791.
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>