Congratulations, December Grads!
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday December 17, 2009
“This place is not sacred, but the people and the relationships built here are. On this journey, faith is important, but it is not a means to an end. What is important is love.”
It was easy for President Michael Scales to come to that conclusion as he celebrated with Nyack students at a brunch for December graduates in Boon Center’s Hudson Room on the Rockland campus.
One by one students shared about what they are taking away from their alma mater. Overwhelmingly communicated were sentiments describing the kind of love and care they experienced among their peers, faculty and staff. For these extraordinary students, they leave with undergraduate degree studies completed and most will return to walk in the Commencement ceremony in May 2010. Not only will they leave with a degree, but with a desire to share the love they received with others.
Soon to head off for a well-earned break, the graduates were powerfully exhorted by fellow senior, Chris "Mr. Nyack" Smith, hosting the event as Communications Coordinator for Student Development/Student Activities:
“Believe in the gifts and abilities that God has given you. Reach out when you need a helping hand or a should to cry on. Stand out in a crowd without looking down on others. See the world. Walk the earth. Be yourself. Strive to be happy. Your crown has been already paid for—you just need to put it on your head and wear it!”
- Thursday, October 23--Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Browse Blog Archive>>