Congratulations, December Grads!
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday December 17, 2009
“This place is not sacred, but the people and the relationships built here are. On this journey, faith is important, but it is not a means to an end. What is important is love.”
It was easy for President Michael Scales to come to that conclusion as he celebrated with Nyack students at a brunch for December graduates in Boon Center’s Hudson Room on the Rockland campus.
One by one students shared about what they are taking away from their alma mater. Overwhelmingly communicated were sentiments describing the kind of love and care they experienced among their peers, faculty and staff. For these extraordinary students, they leave with undergraduate degree studies completed and most will return to walk in the Commencement ceremony in May 2010. Not only will they leave with a degree, but with a desire to share the love they received with others.
Soon to head off for a well-earned break, the graduates were powerfully exhorted by fellow senior, Chris "Mr. Nyack" Smith, hosting the event as Communications Coordinator for Student Development/Student Activities:
“Believe in the gifts and abilities that God has given you. Reach out when you need a helping hand or a should to cry on. Stand out in a crowd without looking down on others. See the world. Walk the earth. Be yourself. Strive to be happy. Your crown has been already paid for—you just need to put it on your head and wear it!”
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>