Congratulations, December Grads!
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday December 17, 2009
“This place is not sacred, but the people and the relationships built here are. On this journey, faith is important, but it is not a means to an end. What is important is love.”
It was easy for President Michael Scales to come to that conclusion as he celebrated with Nyack students at a brunch for December graduates in Boon Center’s Hudson Room on the Rockland campus.
One by one students shared about what they are taking away from their alma mater. Overwhelmingly communicated were sentiments describing the kind of love and care they experienced among their peers, faculty and staff. For these extraordinary students, they leave with undergraduate degree studies completed and most will return to walk in the Commencement ceremony in May 2010. Not only will they leave with a degree, but with a desire to share the love they received with others.
Soon to head off for a well-earned break, the graduates were powerfully exhorted by fellow senior, Chris "Mr. Nyack" Smith, hosting the event as Communications Coordinator for Student Development/Student Activities:
“Believe in the gifts and abilities that God has given you. Reach out when you need a helping hand or a should to cry on. Stand out in a crowd without looking down on others. See the world. Walk the earth. Be yourself. Strive to be happy. Your crown has been already paid for—you just need to put it on your head and wear it!”
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>