Congratulations, December Grads!
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday December 17, 2009
“This place is not sacred, but the people and the relationships built here are. On this journey, faith is important, but it is not a means to an end. What is important is love.”
It was easy for President Michael Scales to come to that conclusion as he celebrated with Nyack students at a brunch for December graduates in Boon Center’s Hudson Room on the Rockland campus.
One by one students shared about what they are taking away from their alma mater. Overwhelmingly communicated were sentiments describing the kind of love and care they experienced among their peers, faculty and staff. For these extraordinary students, they leave with undergraduate degree studies completed and most will return to walk in the Commencement ceremony in May 2010. Not only will they leave with a degree, but with a desire to share the love they received with others.
Soon to head off for a well-earned break, the graduates were powerfully exhorted by fellow senior, Chris "Mr. Nyack" Smith, hosting the event as Communications Coordinator for Student Development/Student Activities:
“Believe in the gifts and abilities that God has given you. Reach out when you need a helping hand or a should to cry on. Stand out in a crowd without looking down on others. See the world. Walk the earth. Be yourself. Strive to be happy. Your crown has been already paid for—you just need to put it on your head and wear it!”
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Isa Agape: A WNYK Interview and Worship & Praise Night Leader
- Telling the Nyack Story
- Browse Blog Archive>>