December 19 Memorial Service for Prof. Margaret Bowen
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday December 8, 2009
Nyack Provost Dr. David Turk announced today the passing of Prof. Margaret Bowen.
“She went home to be with her King this morning at 5:30 am. She had battled cancer for over the last year and a half and died peacefully at home surrounded by her family — husband John, her two sons and their families, and her brothers and sister.
“Peg joined the faculty of Nyack College, NYC in 2000 as Associate Professor of ESL and Director of the ESL Department. She continued to teach her classes and direct the ESL program through this September, an indication of her love for Nyack and its students and her steadfast service to her King. She was honored for service to Nyack College at the NYC campus' first Homecoming in October of this fall. (Click here to view the photo gallery that includes the tribute to Peg at the Homecoming banquet.)
Nyack College and The Lamb's Church in Manhattan will hold a memorial service for Peg on Saturday, December 19 at noon at Primitive Christian Church, 209 East Broadway (lower East Side), New York, NY 10002. For travel directions, visit the website at www.primitivechurch.org. Following the memorial service, a reception will be held at the Nyack College Manhattan campus located at 361 Broadway from 2:30-4:30 p.m.
Cards can be mailed to John Bowen and Family, 455 Main Street, Apt. 4M, New York, NY 10044
“Please be in prayer for Peg's family and thank God that Nyack College was privileged to have such a mighty warrior serving here for the last ten years.”
- SEPT 23-25: Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>