December 19 Memorial Service for Prof. Margaret Bowen
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday December 8, 2009
Nyack Provost Dr. David Turk announced today the passing of Prof. Margaret Bowen.
“She went home to be with her King this morning at 5:30 am. She had battled cancer for over the last year and a half and died peacefully at home surrounded by her family — husband John, her two sons and their families, and her brothers and sister.
“Peg joined the faculty of Nyack College, NYC in 2000 as Associate Professor of ESL and Director of the ESL Department. She continued to teach her classes and direct the ESL program through this September, an indication of her love for Nyack and its students and her steadfast service to her King. She was honored for service to Nyack College at the NYC campus' first Homecoming in October of this fall. (Click here to view the photo gallery that includes the tribute to Peg at the Homecoming banquet.)
Nyack College and The Lamb's Church in Manhattan will hold a memorial service for Peg on Saturday, December 19 at noon at Primitive Christian Church, 209 East Broadway (lower East Side), New York, NY 10002. For travel directions, visit the website at www.primitivechurch.org. Following the memorial service, a reception will be held at the Nyack College Manhattan campus located at 361 Broadway from 2:30-4:30 p.m.
Cards can be mailed to John Bowen and Family, 455 Main Street, Apt. 4M, New York, NY 10044
“Please be in prayer for Peg's family and thank God that Nyack College was privileged to have such a mighty warrior serving here for the last ten years.”
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>