December 19 Memorial Service for Prof. Margaret Bowen
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday December 8, 2009
Nyack Provost Dr. David Turk announced today the passing of Prof. Margaret Bowen.
“She went home to be with her King this morning at 5:30 am. She had battled cancer for over the last year and a half and died peacefully at home surrounded by her family — husband John, her two sons and their families, and her brothers and sister.
“Peg joined the faculty of Nyack College, NYC in 2000 as Associate Professor of ESL and Director of the ESL Department. She continued to teach her classes and direct the ESL program through this September, an indication of her love for Nyack and its students and her steadfast service to her King. She was honored for service to Nyack College at the NYC campus' first Homecoming in October of this fall. (Click here to view the photo gallery that includes the tribute to Peg at the Homecoming banquet.)
Nyack College and The Lamb's Church in Manhattan will hold a memorial service for Peg on Saturday, December 19 at noon at Primitive Christian Church, 209 East Broadway (lower East Side), New York, NY 10002. For travel directions, visit the website at www.primitivechurch.org. Following the memorial service, a reception will be held at the Nyack College Manhattan campus located at 361 Broadway from 2:30-4:30 p.m.
Cards can be mailed to John Bowen and Family, 455 Main Street, Apt. 4M, New York, NY 10044
“Please be in prayer for Peg's family and thank God that Nyack College was privileged to have such a mighty warrior serving here for the last ten years.”
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>