DC Campus Dean Moderates Blog on Compassion
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday December 7, 2009
Personal transformation is one of the five Nyack College core values. Living, as well as teaching, the values exemplifies Nyack’s commitment to integrating faith, learning and spiritual transformation.
Nyack College DC has partnered with the Central Union Mission, the oldest social service agency in Washington, DC, which is a part of Gospel Rescue Missions, during the organization’s 125th anniversary.
The faith-based 501(c)3 nonprofit has four locations throughout the Washington area and operates an 18-month rehabilitation program for men, a free meals program, a clothing and furniture distribution center, and a 220-acre retreat center with a camp for underprivileged children and recreation facilities for the community.
In conjunction with this anniversary year-partnership, DC campus Associate Dean Patricia Johnson is moderating a blog on compassion. The current blog leader is Mark Earley (pictured at left), president of Prison Fellowship, founded by Chuck Colson, which is an outreach to prisoners, ex-prisoners, and their families. He is a former Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Visit http://www.missiondc.org/blog/ to read Earley's article, “Cultivating a Compassionate Heart.”
- Remembering Robin Luce
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Browse Blog Archive>>