Nyack College Rockland On Diversity Day Itinerary
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday November 23, 2009
Diversity Dimensions Participants
Dr. Ram Nagubamdi, Human Rights Commissioner for Rockland County and Leadership Rockland Executive Board member invited Earl Miller, Nyack’s Director of Community Relations, to serve as the Head Coordinator for Diversity Dimensions Day to bring a more experiential dynamic to the program.
Participants were provided with an overview of the experience of living in today's culturally diverse society. The recent daylong agenda kicked off with breakfast at Nyack’s Rockland campus and traveled throughout the county to spots including the Hibernian House in Pearl River; Finkelstein Library/Holocaust Museum in Spring Valley, the CEJJES Institute in Pomona and Rockland Community College Haverstraw Extension site.
Content of Diversity Dimensions included discussions about the cultural demographics of Rockland County, how and when different cultures came to the County, and what diversity brings to different aspects of life in Rockland. Time was spent exploring the myths and the realities of cultural diversity and identifying the challenges that arise in the context of education, economic development, public policy and community development.
For more information on Leadership Rockland, visit http://leadershiprockland.org.
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>