Nyack College Rockland On Diversity Day Itinerary
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday November 23, 2009
Diversity Dimensions Participants
Dr. Ram Nagubamdi, Human Rights Commissioner for Rockland County and Leadership Rockland Executive Board member invited Earl Miller, Nyack’s Director of Community Relations, to serve as the Head Coordinator for Diversity Dimensions Day to bring a more experiential dynamic to the program.
Participants were provided with an overview of the experience of living in today's culturally diverse society. The recent daylong agenda kicked off with breakfast at Nyack’s Rockland campus and traveled throughout the county to spots including the Hibernian House in Pearl River; Finkelstein Library/Holocaust Museum in Spring Valley, the CEJJES Institute in Pomona and Rockland Community College Haverstraw Extension site.
Content of Diversity Dimensions included discussions about the cultural demographics of Rockland County, how and when different cultures came to the County, and what diversity brings to different aspects of life in Rockland. Time was spent exploring the myths and the realities of cultural diversity and identifying the challenges that arise in the context of education, economic development, public policy and community development.
For more information on Leadership Rockland, visit http://leadershiprockland.org.
- Remembering Robin Luce
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Browse Blog Archive>>