CCCU President Visits Nyack
Nyack College recently welcomed Dr. Paul R. Corts, fifth president of the Washington, DC-based Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU,) to the Rockland campus.
Dr. Corts met with President Michael Scales, other Nyack administrators, and faculty. At a special reception, he shared observations of nationwide trends and patterns in campus life and academia with student leaders.
Asked by a student officer about how to effectively manage the demands of studies and extra-curricula activities, he offered the small group simple, yet profound advice: “Keep the main thing, the main thing.” Corts, also a former president of Palm Beach Atlantic University and Wingate University in North Carolina, urged them to wake up seeking God’s will for each day and to stay focused on that particular purpose.
Nyack is a past recipient of the CCCU’s Robert and Susan Andringa Award for Advancing Racial Harmony, which celebrates the achievements of CCCU campuses making progress in the areas of diversity, racial harmony, and reconciliation. In 2001, Nyack shared this distinction with Calvin College, located in Grand Rapids, MI.
For more than three decades the CCCU has been intentional about advancing “the cause of Christ-centered higher education and to help the 111-member institutions transform lives by faithfully relating scholarship and service to biblical truth.”
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>