CCCU President Visits Nyack
Nyack College recently welcomed Dr. Paul R. Corts, fifth president of the Washington, DC-based Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU,) to the Rockland campus.
Dr. Corts met with President Michael Scales, other Nyack administrators, and faculty. At a special reception, he shared observations of nationwide trends and patterns in campus life and academia with student leaders.
Asked by a student officer about how to effectively manage the demands of studies and extra-curricula activities, he offered the small group simple, yet profound advice: “Keep the main thing, the main thing.” Corts, also a former president of Palm Beach Atlantic University and Wingate University in North Carolina, urged them to wake up seeking God’s will for each day and to stay focused on that particular purpose.
Nyack is a past recipient of the CCCU’s Robert and Susan Andringa Award for Advancing Racial Harmony, which celebrates the achievements of CCCU campuses making progress in the areas of diversity, racial harmony, and reconciliation. In 2001, Nyack shared this distinction with Calvin College, located in Grand Rapids, MI.
For more than three decades the CCCU has been intentional about advancing “the cause of Christ-centered higher education and to help the 111-member institutions transform lives by faithfully relating scholarship and service to biblical truth.”
- FEB 21: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Browse Blog Archive>>