CCCU President Visits Nyack
Nyack College recently welcomed Dr. Paul R. Corts, fifth president of the Washington, DC-based Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU,) to the Rockland campus.
Dr. Corts met with President Michael Scales, other Nyack administrators, and faculty. At a special reception, he shared observations of nationwide trends and patterns in campus life and academia with student leaders.
Asked by a student officer about how to effectively manage the demands of studies and extra-curricula activities, he offered the small group simple, yet profound advice: “Keep the main thing, the main thing.” Corts, also a former president of Palm Beach Atlantic University and Wingate University in North Carolina, urged them to wake up seeking God’s will for each day and to stay focused on that particular purpose.
Nyack is a past recipient of the CCCU’s Robert and Susan Andringa Award for Advancing Racial Harmony, which celebrates the achievements of CCCU campuses making progress in the areas of diversity, racial harmony, and reconciliation. In 2001, Nyack shared this distinction with Calvin College, located in Grand Rapids, MI.
For more than three decades the CCCU has been intentional about advancing “the cause of Christ-centered higher education and to help the 111-member institutions transform lives by faithfully relating scholarship and service to biblical truth.”
- Friday, Jan. 30: Andrew Palau at Nyack College Rockland
- February 9: Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>