Italy's La Follia Barocca at Nyack College Rockland
La Follia Barocca will perform at Nyack College Rockland on Thursday, November 5 at 7:30 p.m. in Pardington Hall as a part of their 2009 US tour. This chamber orchestra from Milan, Italy, has performed together since 2002 and will present a concert showcasing works by Fiorenza, Locatelli, and Vivaldi.
The ensemble created by a group of talented musicians with extensive experience in the repertoire of the 17th and 18th centuries, perform with instruments that are identical replicas of instruments used during this time period. The group includes solo players from the most prestigious baroque instrumental groups to have emerged in recent years.
This concert is being sponsored by the Arts Series of Nyack College. For more information and directions, please call the Music Office at 845.675.4687. Pardington Hall is located at 45 South Blvd. in Nyack, NY.
The concert is free and the public is cordially invited. Donations will be accepted.
- Christmas Gift Gallery Benefits Global Service-Learning Mexico Trip
- Full of Grace and Truth: A Celebration of Christmas Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>