Nyack DC Welcomes New Visiting Fellow
Dr. Alan Baker was recently named Visiting Fellow at Nyack’s Washington, DC campus. He will serve in an advisory role to Dean Richard Gathro and Associate Dean Patricia Johnson on leadership studies. Nyack welcomes Dr. Baker’s development of organizational vision and innovative thinking.
With extensive experience at the federal executive level leading large organizations, his Navy career culminated in his appointment to Rear Admiral and assignment as the 16th Chaplain of the U.S. Marine Corps. This Master Training Specialist designated by the Navy Chief of Education and Training (NETC) has a secondary specialty in education and training management.
For more than 20 years, Dr. Baker has managed and led initiatives for change in education, ministry, and senior management of large and diverse organizations within the federal government. His most recent leadership role includes resource acquisition and development, strategic planning, organizational development, operations management, resource allocation, leadership training, program design, and curriculum development managed through a staff of 600 operating globally.
Dr. Baker earned a Master of Divinity degree from Fuller Theological Seminary and was ordained by the Reformed Church in America. He also holds a Doctorate of Ministry from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
He and his wife, Marla, live in Washington, DC. They have two grown daughters.
- NOV 20: First of 3 Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>