Nyack DC Welcomes New Visiting Fellow
Dr. Alan Baker was recently named Visiting Fellow at Nyack’s Washington, DC campus. He will serve in an advisory role to Dean Richard Gathro and Associate Dean Patricia Johnson on leadership studies. Nyack welcomes Dr. Baker’s development of organizational vision and innovative thinking.
With extensive experience at the federal executive level leading large organizations, his Navy career culminated in his appointment to Rear Admiral and assignment as the 16th Chaplain of the U.S. Marine Corps. This Master Training Specialist designated by the Navy Chief of Education and Training (NETC) has a secondary specialty in education and training management.
For more than 20 years, Dr. Baker has managed and led initiatives for change in education, ministry, and senior management of large and diverse organizations within the federal government. His most recent leadership role includes resource acquisition and development, strategic planning, organizational development, operations management, resource allocation, leadership training, program design, and curriculum development managed through a staff of 600 operating globally.
Dr. Baker earned a Master of Divinity degree from Fuller Theological Seminary and was ordained by the Reformed Church in America. He also holds a Doctorate of Ministry from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
He and his wife, Marla, live in Washington, DC. They have two grown daughters.
- OCT 18: Amasi Trio in Concert
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Browse Blog Archive>>