Nyack Music Prof Featured in SUNY Quadricentennial Concert
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday October 22, 2009
Nyack Rockland's School of Music professor, Dr. Tammy Lum, will be a featured performer in a musical salute to the quadricentennial celebration sponsored by the State University of New York (SUNY) Orange County Community College Symphonic Band on Friday, October 23 at the Paramount Theatre, 17 South St. in Middletown, NY. Dr. Lum will debut Merle Patterson's arrangement of George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue."
A gifted pianist with both national and international acclaim, Dr. Lum has appeared as a soloist with the Hong Kong Sinfonietta and Hong Kong Philharmonic, Augusta (GA) Symphony Orchestra, and the Sarah Lawrence Symphony. Her solo recitals have been showcased on the stages of Alice Tully Hall in New York City, La Salle Cortot in Paris, and City Hall Theatres in Hong Kong.
This dynamic recording artist is the winner of international competitions, including the New Orleans International Piano Competition (1995), the Leschetizky Foundation Competition (1990), the Mieczyslaw Munz Foundation Scholarship competition (1988), ) and the Young Keyboard Artists Association (1985).
The concert is hosted by SUNY Orange's Arts and Communication Department. For more information, call 845.341.4787 or 845.341.4393. Admission is $5.00.
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Browse Blog Archive>>