Historical Society of the Nyacks Showcases Nyack College in Armchair Walking Tour
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday September 17, 2009
The 14th annual John Scott Armchair Walking Tour sponsored by the Historical Society of the Nyacks and The Friends of the Nyacks will feature Nyack College this year in one of its three slideshow presentations this fall.
A former president of the college and seminary, Dr. Rexford Boda, will be the guest narrator for “Nyack College--High on a Nyack Hill,” on October 7, 2009 at 7:30 p.m. at the Nyack Center, 58 Depew Avenue in Nyack and on October 8, 2009 at 2:00 p.m. at the Valley Cottage Library, 110 Route 303, Valley Cottage, NY.
Dr. Boda, the 10th president of Nyack College and a 1957 alumnus of the college, will provide a unique perspective of the college’s history both as an administrator and former student. Historic photographs from the early years of the college through the turn of the century will be showcased in this presentation.
- May 9: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- Nyack Manhattan Welcomes High School Music Students from Michigan
- Help Rockonomix Team Nyack Win. Vote Today!
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Browse Blog Archive>>