Conference on Family Violence & Faith at Nyack NYC
The Department of Social Work in the School of Human Services at Nyack College will co-sponsor a one-day seminar with the North American Association of Christians in Social Work on Saturday, October 17 from 9:00 a.m. until 3:45 p.m. at the New York City campus, located at 93 Worth Street. “Family Violence & Faith Communities: Working Together to Build a Safer Society,” will feature a series of workshops, panels, and small group discussions.
The keynote speaker for the event is Dr. Nancy Nason-Clark (pictured at left), a professor of sociology at the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton, Canada. Her topic will be "Domestic Violence and Families of Faith: Working Together To Bring Healing and Wholeness."
Dr. Nason-Clark is the author of The Battered Wife (1997) and co-author with Catherine Clark Kroeger of No Place for Abuse (2001) and Refuge from Abuse (2004). Her research involves a variety of projects examining the relationship between abuse, faith, gender and culture. She is a national speaker on family violence, who has been invited to speak in many faith communities in the United States and abroad, including India, Eastern Europe, and the Caribbean. Dr. Nason Clark returned to her home in Canada after completing her Ph.D., in Sociology at the London School of Economics and Political Science in London, England.
Social workers who attend can receive continuing education clock hours accredited by the Association of Social Work Boards. Registration fees increase after October 4, 2009 from $55.00 to $60.00
- SEPT. 30: "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- SEPT. 30: LAST DAY to Shop for Nyack Warrior Gear Online
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- Browse Blog Archive>>