Conference on Family Violence & Faith at Nyack NYC
The Department of Social Work in the School of Human Services at Nyack College will co-sponsor a one-day seminar with the North American Association of Christians in Social Work on Saturday, October 17 from 9:00 a.m. until 3:45 p.m. at the New York City campus, located at 93 Worth Street. “Family Violence & Faith Communities: Working Together to Build a Safer Society,” will feature a series of workshops, panels, and small group discussions.
The keynote speaker for the event is Dr. Nancy Nason-Clark (pictured at left), a professor of sociology at the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton, Canada. Her topic will be "Domestic Violence and Families of Faith: Working Together To Bring Healing and Wholeness."
Dr. Nason-Clark is the author of The Battered Wife (1997) and co-author with Catherine Clark Kroeger of No Place for Abuse (2001) and Refuge from Abuse (2004). Her research involves a variety of projects examining the relationship between abuse, faith, gender and culture. She is a national speaker on family violence, who has been invited to speak in many faith communities in the United States and abroad, including India, Eastern Europe, and the Caribbean. Dr. Nason Clark returned to her home in Canada after completing her Ph.D., in Sociology at the London School of Economics and Political Science in London, England.
Social workers who attend can receive continuing education clock hours accredited by the Association of Social Work Boards. Registration fees increase after October 4, 2009 from $55.00 to $60.00
- Nyack College Golf Class Return to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Browse Blog Archive>>