Conference on Family Violence & Faith at Nyack NYC
The Department of Social Work in the School of Human Services at Nyack College will co-sponsor a one-day seminar with the North American Association of Christians in Social Work on Saturday, October 17 from 9:00 a.m. until 3:45 p.m. at the New York City campus, located at 93 Worth Street. “Family Violence & Faith Communities: Working Together to Build a Safer Society,” will feature a series of workshops, panels, and small group discussions.
The keynote speaker for the event is Dr. Nancy Nason-Clark (pictured at left), a professor of sociology at the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton, Canada. Her topic will be "Domestic Violence and Families of Faith: Working Together To Bring Healing and Wholeness."
Dr. Nason-Clark is the author of The Battered Wife (1997) and co-author with Catherine Clark Kroeger of No Place for Abuse (2001) and Refuge from Abuse (2004). Her research involves a variety of projects examining the relationship between abuse, faith, gender and culture. She is a national speaker on family violence, who has been invited to speak in many faith communities in the United States and abroad, including India, Eastern Europe, and the Caribbean. Dr. Nason Clark returned to her home in Canada after completing her Ph.D., in Sociology at the London School of Economics and Political Science in London, England.
Social workers who attend can receive continuing education clock hours accredited by the Association of Social Work Boards. Registration fees increase after October 4, 2009 from $55.00 to $60.00
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Browse Blog Archive>>