Conference on Family Violence & Faith at Nyack NYC
The Department of Social Work in the School of Human Services at Nyack College will co-sponsor a one-day seminar with the North American Association of Christians in Social Work on Saturday, October 17 from 9:00 a.m. until 3:45 p.m. at the New York City campus, located at 93 Worth Street. “Family Violence & Faith Communities: Working Together to Build a Safer Society,” will feature a series of workshops, panels, and small group discussions.
The keynote speaker for the event is Dr. Nancy Nason-Clark (pictured at left), a professor of sociology at the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton, Canada. Her topic will be "Domestic Violence and Families of Faith: Working Together To Bring Healing and Wholeness."
Dr. Nason-Clark is the author of The Battered Wife (1997) and co-author with Catherine Clark Kroeger of No Place for Abuse (2001) and Refuge from Abuse (2004). Her research involves a variety of projects examining the relationship between abuse, faith, gender and culture. She is a national speaker on family violence, who has been invited to speak in many faith communities in the United States and abroad, including India, Eastern Europe, and the Caribbean. Dr. Nason Clark returned to her home in Canada after completing her Ph.D., in Sociology at the London School of Economics and Political Science in London, England.
Social workers who attend can receive continuing education clock hours accredited by the Association of Social Work Boards. Registration fees increase after October 4, 2009 from $55.00 to $60.00
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>