Conference on Family Violence & Faith at Nyack NYC
The Department of Social Work in the School of Human Services at Nyack College will co-sponsor a one-day seminar with the North American Association of Christians in Social Work on Saturday, October 17 from 9:00 a.m. until 3:45 p.m. at the New York City campus, located at 93 Worth Street. “Family Violence & Faith Communities: Working Together to Build a Safer Society,” will feature a series of workshops, panels, and small group discussions.
The keynote speaker for the event is Dr. Nancy Nason-Clark (pictured at left), a professor of sociology at the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton, Canada. Her topic will be "Domestic Violence and Families of Faith: Working Together To Bring Healing and Wholeness."
Dr. Nason-Clark is the author of The Battered Wife (1997) and co-author with Catherine Clark Kroeger of No Place for Abuse (2001) and Refuge from Abuse (2004). Her research involves a variety of projects examining the relationship between abuse, faith, gender and culture. She is a national speaker on family violence, who has been invited to speak in many faith communities in the United States and abroad, including India, Eastern Europe, and the Caribbean. Dr. Nason Clark returned to her home in Canada after completing her Ph.D., in Sociology at the London School of Economics and Political Science in London, England.
Social workers who attend can receive continuing education clock hours accredited by the Association of Social Work Boards. Registration fees increase after October 4, 2009 from $55.00 to $60.00
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>