Nyack Named a Military Friendly School
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday August 25, 2009
G.I. Jobs magazine has named Nyack College a 2010 Military Friendly School after the publication’s research and tracking of our nation’s institutions of higher education.
Dr. Scales was recently notified of the recognition, which places Nyack in the top 15% of all American colleges, universities, and trade schools that welcome military members and veterans pursuing degree programs. A plaque will be presented to commemorate the distinction. In addition, Nyack will be included in the September 2009, Guide to Military Friendly Schools.
In his letter to President Scales, G.I. Jobs magazine publisher, Rich McCormack stated, “Clearly you have an interest in recruiting military students and I urge you to continue your already stellar efforts by improving your military-friendliness every year. On behalf of the eight million military members and veterans seeking a school, I thank you for your commitment to educating our nation’s most deserving heroes."
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- 15-City Promo Tour for Nyack NYC Campus Music Prof Damien Sneed
- Becker Professional Education Presentation
- FEBRUARY 23-24: Pianist Marcelo Liano in Concert at Nyack Rockland
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Kale Yu on "Earth in Mind"
- Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
- Nursing Alumni Return to Share Their Journey
- Nyack College Partners with the Luis Palau Association
- Nyack Reps at NY Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day in Albany
- Damien Sneed, NYC Music Faculty, in PBS Documentary on Work by Wynton Marsalis
- Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack AGSC Professor and Students Published in Journal
- Kathy Schwarz, First 2015 Nyack Critical Reads Presenter
- Nyack College Partners With the Luis Palau Evangelistic Association
- Browse Blog Archive>>