Nyack Named a Military Friendly School
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday August 25, 2009
G.I. Jobs magazine has named Nyack College a 2010 Military Friendly School after the publication’s research and tracking of our nation’s institutions of higher education.
Dr. Scales was recently notified of the recognition, which places Nyack in the top 15% of all American colleges, universities, and trade schools that welcome military members and veterans pursuing degree programs. A plaque will be presented to commemorate the distinction. In addition, Nyack will be included in the September 2009, Guide to Military Friendly Schools.
In his letter to President Scales, G.I. Jobs magazine publisher, Rich McCormack stated, “Clearly you have an interest in recruiting military students and I urge you to continue your already stellar efforts by improving your military-friendliness every year. On behalf of the eight million military members and veterans seeking a school, I thank you for your commitment to educating our nation’s most deserving heroes."
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- The Nations Come to Us: Fukuyama Alliance Church Visits Nyack
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Browse Blog Archive>>