Crimson Vs. Cancer, A Family Fun Day Coming September 12
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday August 12, 2009
Nyack College will host the first annual Crimson vs. Cancer Family Fun Day on Saturday, September 12 from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at the Rockland County campus. Activities will take place in the Bailey Library parking lot. In the event of inclement weather, the fair will be held in Bowman Gymnasium. Admission is free.
Highlights of the day include carnival games, inflatable bounce houses, clowns, face painting, balloons, food, and a craft fair. For the sports lover, Men's and Women's NCAA Division II soccer will take the field against Wilmington University. Women will compete at noon; men will compete at 2:00 p.m.
Mandy Aikens of Warrior Athletics says, "In an effort to bring the entire community in and engage them on campus, we have invited Orangetown Mighty Midgets (OMM) Soccer to be a part of our day. The surrounding community is also invited to enjoy the day and see how beautiful our campus is." She adds, "We have chosen The Breast Center at Nyack Hospital as the recipient of any funds collected through this event to help battle cancer and raise awareness."
Fifty booths are available for rent on a first come, first served basis. The rental fee is $60; $50 for Nyack faculty and staff. Vendors should complete an application to set up a booth. Nyack College reserves the right to prohibit sales or conduct that it deems inappropriate to the fair or the values of our institution.
For more information, contact Mandy Aikens, Compliance Coordinator/Academic Accountability Program Director at 845.675.4772 or at Mandy.Aikens@nyack.edu.
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Get Nyack Warrior Gear Online Until September 30
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>