Crimson Vs. Cancer, A Family Fun Day Coming September 12
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday August 12, 2009
Nyack College will host the first annual Crimson vs. Cancer Family Fun Day on Saturday, September 12 from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at the Rockland County campus. Activities will take place in the Bailey Library parking lot. In the event of inclement weather, the fair will be held in Bowman Gymnasium. Admission is free.
Highlights of the day include carnival games, inflatable bounce houses, clowns, face painting, balloons, food, and a craft fair. For the sports lover, Men's and Women's NCAA Division II soccer will take the field against Wilmington University. Women will compete at noon; men will compete at 2:00 p.m.
Mandy Aikens of Warrior Athletics says, "In an effort to bring the entire community in and engage them on campus, we have invited Orangetown Mighty Midgets (OMM) Soccer to be a part of our day. The surrounding community is also invited to enjoy the day and see how beautiful our campus is." She adds, "We have chosen The Breast Center at Nyack Hospital as the recipient of any funds collected through this event to help battle cancer and raise awareness."
Fifty booths are available for rent on a first come, first served basis. The rental fee is $60; $50 for Nyack faculty and staff. Vendors should complete an application to set up a booth. Nyack College reserves the right to prohibit sales or conduct that it deems inappropriate to the fair or the values of our institution.
For more information, contact Mandy Aikens, Compliance Coordinator/Academic Accountability Program Director at 845.675.4772 or at Mandy.Aikens@nyack.edu.
- Christmas Gift Gallery Benefits Global Service-Learning Mexico Trip
- Full of Grace and Truth: A Celebration of Christmas Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>