Crimson Vs. Cancer, A Family Fun Day Coming September 12
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday August 12, 2009
Nyack College will host the first annual Crimson vs. Cancer Family Fun Day on Saturday, September 12 from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at the Rockland County campus. Activities will take place in the Bailey Library parking lot. In the event of inclement weather, the fair will be held in Bowman Gymnasium. Admission is free.
Highlights of the day include carnival games, inflatable bounce houses, clowns, face painting, balloons, food, and a craft fair. For the sports lover, Men's and Women's NCAA Division II soccer will take the field against Wilmington University. Women will compete at noon; men will compete at 2:00 p.m.
Mandy Aikens of Warrior Athletics says, "In an effort to bring the entire community in and engage them on campus, we have invited Orangetown Mighty Midgets (OMM) Soccer to be a part of our day. The surrounding community is also invited to enjoy the day and see how beautiful our campus is." She adds, "We have chosen The Breast Center at Nyack Hospital as the recipient of any funds collected through this event to help battle cancer and raise awareness."
Fifty booths are available for rent on a first come, first served basis. The rental fee is $60; $50 for Nyack faculty and staff. Vendors should complete an application to set up a booth. Nyack College reserves the right to prohibit sales or conduct that it deems inappropriate to the fair or the values of our institution.
For more information, contact Mandy Aikens, Compliance Coordinator/Academic Accountability Program Director at 845.675.4772 or at Mandy.Aikens@nyack.edu.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>