Crimson Vs. Cancer, A Family Fun Day Coming September 12
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday August 12, 2009
Nyack College will host the first annual Crimson vs. Cancer Family Fun Day on Saturday, September 12 from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at the Rockland County campus. Activities will take place in the Bailey Library parking lot. In the event of inclement weather, the fair will be held in Bowman Gymnasium. Admission is free.
Highlights of the day include carnival games, inflatable bounce houses, clowns, face painting, balloons, food, and a craft fair. For the sports lover, Men's and Women's NCAA Division II soccer will take the field against Wilmington University. Women will compete at noon; men will compete at 2:00 p.m.
Mandy Aikens of Warrior Athletics says, "In an effort to bring the entire community in and engage them on campus, we have invited Orangetown Mighty Midgets (OMM) Soccer to be a part of our day. The surrounding community is also invited to enjoy the day and see how beautiful our campus is." She adds, "We have chosen The Breast Center at Nyack Hospital as the recipient of any funds collected through this event to help battle cancer and raise awareness."
Fifty booths are available for rent on a first come, first served basis. The rental fee is $60; $50 for Nyack faculty and staff. Vendors should complete an application to set up a booth. Nyack College reserves the right to prohibit sales or conduct that it deems inappropriate to the fair or the values of our institution.
For more information, contact Mandy Aikens, Compliance Coordinator/Academic Accountability Program Director at 845.675.4772 or at Mandy.Aikens@nyack.edu.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>