Nyack DC Campus Appoints Visiting Fellow
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday July 13, 2009
Dr. Jerry S. Herbert, current Director of the American Studies Program of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU), has been named Visiting Fellow and Faculty Adjunct at Nyack’s Washington, DC campus. He will serve in an advisory capacity to Dean Richard Gathro and Associate Dean Patricia Johnson.
Dr. Herbert will provide counsel and volunteer support for the development of new programs at the DC campus. As a member of the adjunct faculty, Dr. Herbert will teach worldview and ethics classes, an area of specialty that he has developed during his 28 years of association with the CCCU. Recognized as a gifted educator, he holds a Ph.D. from Duke University in political science, has been active with the Center for Public Justice, and is an elder at Washington Community Fellowship on Capitol Hill. He and his wife, Jeannie, live in Arlington, VA. They have three grown sons.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>