Bachelor of Science in Adolescent Education Comes to Nyack NYC
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday July 13, 2009
Dr. JoAnn Looney, dean of the School of Education, recently announced that two new education degrees will be added at the Nyack New York City campus. A Bachelor of Science in Adolescent Education in Social Studies (History) and in Adolescent Education (English) will be launched in the fall of 2009.
The curriculum is an approved program under the provisions and regulations of the Commissioner of Education and the Division of Teacher Education and Certification of the Department of Higher Education of the State of New York. Completion of these studies leads to recommendation for the initial certificate for teaching adolescents in the schools of New York (grades 7-12), as well as for an ACSI teaching certificate.
Nyack’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
For more information on the new adolescent education programs or other undergraduate programs, contact the Admissions Office at 800.33.NYACK for the Nyack, NY campus, 877.626.2236 at the New York City campus.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>