Bachelor of Science in Adolescent Education Comes to Nyack NYC
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday July 13, 2009
Dr. JoAnn Looney, dean of the School of Education, recently announced that two new education degrees will be added at the Nyack New York City campus. A Bachelor of Science in Adolescent Education in Social Studies (History) and in Adolescent Education (English) will be launched in the fall of 2009.
The curriculum is an approved program under the provisions and regulations of the Commissioner of Education and the Division of Teacher Education and Certification of the Department of Higher Education of the State of New York. Completion of these studies leads to recommendation for the initial certificate for teaching adolescents in the schools of New York (grades 7-12), as well as for an ACSI teaching certificate.
Nyack’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
For more information on the new adolescent education programs or other undergraduate programs, contact the Admissions Office at 800.33.NYACK for the Nyack, NY campus, 877.626.2236 at the New York City campus.
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Browse Blog Archive>>