Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Comes to Nyack
Nyack College president, Dr. Michael G. Scales, recently announced that the New York State Education Department has approved the college’s application to offer an undergraduate degree program in criminal justice. The Bachelor of Science in criminal justice, Nyack’s 33rd undergraduate major, will be launched in the fall of 2009 on both the Rockland County and New York City campuses.
The new criminal justice major, in Nyack’s School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, is designed to help students develop a comprehensive understanding of crime and the criminal justice system in our nation. Students will be prepared for careers in law enforcement, private security, social welfare services, law office assistants, secret service, criminal law, rehabilitation of criminals, juvenile justice, loss prevention, criminalistics, forensic science, juvenile justice, corrections, probation and parole. It will also provide a strong foundation for those who want to pursue graduate studies in criminal justice or law.
The vision is to equip practitioners with a restorative justice view of criminal justice that attempts to engage victims, offenders, the affected communities, and the government in bringing about deep and lasting solutions. By focusing on healing and restoration of victims, offenders, and communities affected by crime, the Nyack B.S. in Criminal Justice will emphasize
culturally sensitive service to individuals and families. Graduates of the program will integrate social and restorative justice principles with professional criminal justice skills and critical thinking that enables creative solutions to criminal behavior.
For more information on the new criminal justice degree or other undergraduate programs, contact the Admissions Office at 800.33.NYACK for the Nyack, NY campus, 877.626.2236 at the New York City campus.
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>