Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Comes to Nyack
Nyack College president, Dr. Michael G. Scales, recently announced that the New York State Education Department has approved the college’s application to offer an undergraduate degree program in criminal justice. The Bachelor of Science in criminal justice, Nyack’s 33rd undergraduate major, will be launched in the fall of 2009 on both the Rockland County and New York City campuses.
The new criminal justice major, in Nyack’s School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, is designed to help students develop a comprehensive understanding of crime and the criminal justice system in our nation. Students will be prepared for careers in law enforcement, private security, social welfare services, law office assistants, secret service, criminal law, rehabilitation of criminals, juvenile justice, loss prevention, criminalistics, forensic science, juvenile justice, corrections, probation and parole. It will also provide a strong foundation for those who want to pursue graduate studies in criminal justice or law.
The vision is to equip practitioners with a restorative justice view of criminal justice that attempts to engage victims, offenders, the affected communities, and the government in bringing about deep and lasting solutions. By focusing on healing and restoration of victims, offenders, and communities affected by crime, the Nyack B.S. in Criminal Justice will emphasize
culturally sensitive service to individuals and families. Graduates of the program will integrate social and restorative justice principles with professional criminal justice skills and critical thinking that enables creative solutions to criminal behavior.
For more information on the new criminal justice degree or other undergraduate programs, contact the Admissions Office at 800.33.NYACK for the Nyack, NY campus, 877.626.2236 at the New York City campus.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>