Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Comes to Nyack
Nyack College president, Dr. Michael G. Scales, recently announced that the New York State Education Department has approved the college’s application to offer an undergraduate degree program in criminal justice. The Bachelor of Science in criminal justice, Nyack’s 33rd undergraduate major, will be launched in the fall of 2009 on both the Rockland County and New York City campuses.
The new criminal justice major, in Nyack’s School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, is designed to help students develop a comprehensive understanding of crime and the criminal justice system in our nation. Students will be prepared for careers in law enforcement, private security, social welfare services, law office assistants, secret service, criminal law, rehabilitation of criminals, juvenile justice, loss prevention, criminalistics, forensic science, juvenile justice, corrections, probation and parole. It will also provide a strong foundation for those who want to pursue graduate studies in criminal justice or law.
The vision is to equip practitioners with a restorative justice view of criminal justice that attempts to engage victims, offenders, the affected communities, and the government in bringing about deep and lasting solutions. By focusing on healing and restoration of victims, offenders, and communities affected by crime, the Nyack B.S. in Criminal Justice will emphasize
culturally sensitive service to individuals and families. Graduates of the program will integrate social and restorative justice principles with professional criminal justice skills and critical thinking that enables creative solutions to criminal behavior.
For more information on the new criminal justice degree or other undergraduate programs, contact the Admissions Office at 800.33.NYACK for the Nyack, NY campus, 877.626.2236 at the New York City campus.
- The Loss of AGSC Colleague, Dr. James Chin
- School of Music: Trading Textbooks for iPads
- RELEASE: Nyack's 2015 Golf Classic at Saint Andrew's Golf
- Peter Rohdin: Responding to God's Call
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Browse Blog Archive>>