Nyack President in 52nd Puerto Rican Day Parade
Take a look at the demographics of Nyack College students, faculty, staff, administrators, and trustees, and you’ll understand why Dr. Michael Scales has been praised and was honored with an Educational Leadership Project award from the National Puerto Rican Day Parade, Inc. (NPRDP).
At a banquet last month, coordinated by Dr. Aida Rosa, a New York City public school principal, the president and other administrators from Nyack celebrated with other educators and professionals who were identified as role models and educational advocates for young people.
On Sunday, June 14, Dr. Scales and his wife, Susan, proudly represented Nyack on the NPRDP Educational Leadership float. The parade traveled along Fifth Avenue from 44th Street to 86th Street and featured delegates from various towns of Puerto Rico and representatives of states nationwide.
“This honor is one that encourages me and affirms our core values, which includes embracing a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. I am pleased to celebrate the 52nd Puerto Rican Day Parade and the significance of its rich history,” the president shared.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>