Nyack ATS Alumnus is Advocate of the Year
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday June 9, 2009
Rev. Bryan Burrell, an alumnus of Nyack College (1982) and of Alliance Theological Seminary (1985) was named the New York State School Boards Association's (NYSSBA) "Advocate of the Year." The award was presented at the organization's 2009 Issues Conference held in Albany, NY earlier this year.
Rev. Burrell, (pictured at right) who pastors Community Bible Church in Valley Cottage, NY, is also in his fifth three-year term on Rockland County's Nyack school board. He is also a past winner of the NYSSBA's Leadership of Governance award for its training recognition program.
The New York State School Boards Assocation represents more than 700 New York boards of education with some 5,000 school board members. Advocacy for excellence in education is the mission of the organization, which provides information, leadership development and advice on issues that affect school boards.
The campus community congratulates Rev. Burrell for this latest achievement.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>