Nyack ATS Alumnus is Advocate of the Year
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday June 9, 2009
Rev. Bryan Burrell, an alumnus of Nyack College (1982) and of Alliance Theological Seminary (1985) was named the New York State School Boards Association's (NYSSBA) "Advocate of the Year." The award was presented at the organization's 2009 Issues Conference held in Albany, NY earlier this year.
Rev. Burrell, (pictured at right) who pastors Community Bible Church in Valley Cottage, NY, is also in his fifth three-year term on Rockland County's Nyack school board. He is also a past winner of the NYSSBA's Leadership of Governance award for its training recognition program.
The New York State School Boards Assocation represents more than 700 New York boards of education with some 5,000 school board members. Advocacy for excellence in education is the mission of the organization, which provides information, leadership development and advice on issues that affect school boards.
The campus community congratulates Rev. Burrell for this latest achievement.
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- The Nations Come to Us: Fukuyama Alliance Church Visits Nyack
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Browse Blog Archive>>