AGSC Adds Third Event with Dr. Gary Collins
The 10th anniversary of Nyack College’s Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) will be celebrated with three special events featuring noted Christian counseling pioneer and prolific author, Dr. Gary Collins.
On the Nyack New York City campus, Thursday, June 4 from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Dr. Collins will be address, “Emerging Trends in Christian Counseling: Technology and Coaching” in the Alliance Theological Seminary chapel at 93 Worth St. in Manhattan. Admission to this event is free.
The AGSC 10th Anniversary Banquet and Distinguished Lecture will be held on Friday, June 5 from 6:00-9:00 p.m. in Boon Campus Center, Palisades on the Hudson Room at the Nyack College Rockland County campus. Dr. Collins is the guest lecturer. His topic for the evening will be, “The Certainty in the Uncertain,” an examination of where the field of counseling is today and where counselors can make significant contributions. This is a ticketed event.
On Saturday, at the Alliance Theological Seminary, located at 350 North Highland Ave., in Nyack, NY, a coffee reception will be held. Dr. Collins will make a final presentation at 10:00 a.m. entitled, “Back to the Future.” Issues such as counseling and the changing church, secular spiritualities, emerging trends in counselor education, globalism, counseling as mission, and the increasing role of neurobiology. Admission to this event is free.
Dr. Collins is a licensed clinical psychologist with a Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Purdue University. The author of numerous articles and over 50 books, including Christian Counseling: A Comprehensive Guide, The Biblical Basis of Christian Counseling, and Christian Coaching: Helping Others Turn Potential into Reality, he was the general editor of the thirty-volume Resources for Christian Counseling series of professional counseling books mostly published in the 1980s, the Word Christian Counseling Library of cassette tapes, and the twelve-volume Contemporary Christian Counseling series of books that appeared in the early 1990's. In December 2001 NavPress published Gary's book Christian Coaching, a book that has been revised and updated, scheduled for publication in 2009. The third edition of Christian Counseling (revised, expanded and completely updated) was published by Thomas Nelson publishers in 2007, followed by an accompanying Casebook of Christian Counseling, also published by Nelson.
Seating is limited for all events. An RSVP required by Wednesday, May 27. For more information contact, Elizabeth Dahlberg-Lee at 845.770.5731. Registration can be completed online click here
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- June 25 Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- Browse Blog Archive>>