AGSC Adds Third Event with Dr. Gary Collins
The 10th anniversary of Nyack College’s Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) will be celebrated with three special events featuring noted Christian counseling pioneer and prolific author, Dr. Gary Collins.
On the Nyack New York City campus, Thursday, June 4 from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Dr. Collins will be address, “Emerging Trends in Christian Counseling: Technology and Coaching” in the Alliance Theological Seminary chapel at 93 Worth St. in Manhattan. Admission to this event is free.
The AGSC 10th Anniversary Banquet and Distinguished Lecture will be held on Friday, June 5 from 6:00-9:00 p.m. in Boon Campus Center, Palisades on the Hudson Room at the Nyack College Rockland County campus. Dr. Collins is the guest lecturer. His topic for the evening will be, “The Certainty in the Uncertain,” an examination of where the field of counseling is today and where counselors can make significant contributions. This is a ticketed event.
On Saturday, at the Alliance Theological Seminary, located at 350 North Highland Ave., in Nyack, NY, a coffee reception will be held. Dr. Collins will make a final presentation at 10:00 a.m. entitled, “Back to the Future.” Issues such as counseling and the changing church, secular spiritualities, emerging trends in counselor education, globalism, counseling as mission, and the increasing role of neurobiology. Admission to this event is free.
Dr. Collins is a licensed clinical psychologist with a Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Purdue University. The author of numerous articles and over 50 books, including Christian Counseling: A Comprehensive Guide, The Biblical Basis of Christian Counseling, and Christian Coaching: Helping Others Turn Potential into Reality, he was the general editor of the thirty-volume Resources for Christian Counseling series of professional counseling books mostly published in the 1980s, the Word Christian Counseling Library of cassette tapes, and the twelve-volume Contemporary Christian Counseling series of books that appeared in the early 1990's. In December 2001 NavPress published Gary's book Christian Coaching, a book that has been revised and updated, scheduled for publication in 2009. The third edition of Christian Counseling (revised, expanded and completely updated) was published by Thomas Nelson publishers in 2007, followed by an accompanying Casebook of Christian Counseling, also published by Nelson.
Seating is limited for all events. An RSVP required by Wednesday, May 27. For more information contact, Elizabeth Dahlberg-Lee at 845.770.5731. Registration can be completed online click here
- Brightnie Jones ('09) Moves on as a Top All-Star Vocalist on BET's Sunday Best
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- Brightnie Jones Back in BET's "Sunday Best" Vocal Competition
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>