AGSC Adds Third Event with Dr. Gary Collins
The 10th anniversary of Nyack College’s Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) will be celebrated with three special events featuring noted Christian counseling pioneer and prolific author, Dr. Gary Collins.
On the Nyack New York City campus, Thursday, June 4 from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Dr. Collins will be address, “Emerging Trends in Christian Counseling: Technology and Coaching” in the Alliance Theological Seminary chapel at 93 Worth St. in Manhattan. Admission to this event is free.
The AGSC 10th Anniversary Banquet and Distinguished Lecture will be held on Friday, June 5 from 6:00-9:00 p.m. in Boon Campus Center, Palisades on the Hudson Room at the Nyack College Rockland County campus. Dr. Collins is the guest lecturer. His topic for the evening will be, “The Certainty in the Uncertain,” an examination of where the field of counseling is today and where counselors can make significant contributions. This is a ticketed event.
On Saturday, at the Alliance Theological Seminary, located at 350 North Highland Ave., in Nyack, NY, a coffee reception will be held. Dr. Collins will make a final presentation at 10:00 a.m. entitled, “Back to the Future.” Issues such as counseling and the changing church, secular spiritualities, emerging trends in counselor education, globalism, counseling as mission, and the increasing role of neurobiology. Admission to this event is free.
Dr. Collins is a licensed clinical psychologist with a Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Purdue University. The author of numerous articles and over 50 books, including Christian Counseling: A Comprehensive Guide, The Biblical Basis of Christian Counseling, and Christian Coaching: Helping Others Turn Potential into Reality, he was the general editor of the thirty-volume Resources for Christian Counseling series of professional counseling books mostly published in the 1980s, the Word Christian Counseling Library of cassette tapes, and the twelve-volume Contemporary Christian Counseling series of books that appeared in the early 1990's. In December 2001 NavPress published Gary's book Christian Coaching, a book that has been revised and updated, scheduled for publication in 2009. The third edition of Christian Counseling (revised, expanded and completely updated) was published by Thomas Nelson publishers in 2007, followed by an accompanying Casebook of Christian Counseling, also published by Nelson.
Seating is limited for all events. An RSVP required by Wednesday, May 27. For more information contact, Elizabeth Dahlberg-Lee at 845.770.5731. Registration can be completed online click here
- Nyack's School of Education: National Recognition...Times Nine
- Nyack/ATS Board of Trustees Meets at Battery Park Campus
- NYC Student Government Association Presents Black History Month Showcase
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Nyack Among Local Colleges Offering Scholarships to MLK Oratory Contest Winners
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Browse Blog Archive>>