AGSC Adds Third Event with Dr. Gary Collins
The 10th anniversary of Nyack College’s Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) will be celebrated with three special events featuring noted Christian counseling pioneer and prolific author, Dr. Gary Collins.
On the Nyack New York City campus, Thursday, June 4 from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Dr. Collins will be address, “Emerging Trends in Christian Counseling: Technology and Coaching” in the Alliance Theological Seminary chapel at 93 Worth St. in Manhattan. Admission to this event is free.
The AGSC 10th Anniversary Banquet and Distinguished Lecture will be held on Friday, June 5 from 6:00-9:00 p.m. in Boon Campus Center, Palisades on the Hudson Room at the Nyack College Rockland County campus. Dr. Collins is the guest lecturer. His topic for the evening will be, “The Certainty in the Uncertain,” an examination of where the field of counseling is today and where counselors can make significant contributions. This is a ticketed event.
On Saturday, at the Alliance Theological Seminary, located at 350 North Highland Ave., in Nyack, NY, a coffee reception will be held. Dr. Collins will make a final presentation at 10:00 a.m. entitled, “Back to the Future.” Issues such as counseling and the changing church, secular spiritualities, emerging trends in counselor education, globalism, counseling as mission, and the increasing role of neurobiology. Admission to this event is free.
Dr. Collins is a licensed clinical psychologist with a Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Purdue University. The author of numerous articles and over 50 books, including Christian Counseling: A Comprehensive Guide, The Biblical Basis of Christian Counseling, and Christian Coaching: Helping Others Turn Potential into Reality, he was the general editor of the thirty-volume Resources for Christian Counseling series of professional counseling books mostly published in the 1980s, the Word Christian Counseling Library of cassette tapes, and the twelve-volume Contemporary Christian Counseling series of books that appeared in the early 1990's. In December 2001 NavPress published Gary's book Christian Coaching, a book that has been revised and updated, scheduled for publication in 2009. The third edition of Christian Counseling (revised, expanded and completely updated) was published by Thomas Nelson publishers in 2007, followed by an accompanying Casebook of Christian Counseling, also published by Nelson.
Seating is limited for all events. An RSVP required by Wednesday, May 27. For more information contact, Elizabeth Dahlberg-Lee at 845.770.5731. Registration can be completed online click here
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>