Nyack DC Hosts Loving Thy Neighbor Conference
Associate Dean, Dr. Patricia Johnson, of Nyack Washington, DC announced recently that the campus will host a one-day series of workshops at Kellogg Conference College at Gallaudet University, 800 Florida Ave., NE, Washington, DC on Thursday, April 30 from 8 am until 4 pm.
Special guests include:
Joshua DuBois, Director of the White House Office Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnership
The Honorable Walter E. Fauntroy, pastor of New Bethel Baptist Church, former congressman, personal aide to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and to Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson
Dr. Barbara Williams-Skinner, Chair of the Christian Community Development Association
Jim Wallis, founder of Sojourners Magazine, a progressive Christian commentary on faith, politics and culture
Participants will learn keys to effective church-based community development strategies, building effective partnerships, identifying the needs of the community, harnessing gentrification for the betterment of all, bridging the race, class, and ethnic divides and much more!
Admission is $25.00 in advance or $40 for same day registration. Pay online at www.nyack.edu/dc. For more information, contact, Dr. Patricia Johnson, Associate Dean at the DC campus at 202.220.1307 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Remembering Dr. Rexford Boda, President Emeritus (1933-2017)
- Dr. Marie White Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- Summertime Prayer
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Browse Blog Archive>>