March 6 is CAMP-of-the-WOODS Day at Nyack
CAMP-of-the-WOODS is a 115-acre Christian family resort and conference center located in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York. Friday, March 6 at Nyack College has been dubbed “CAMP-of-the-WOODS Day.”
Special guest speaker at the 10:10 a.m. chapel in Bowman Gymnasium on the Rockland campus will be Norm Sonju, who served as CEO of CAMP-of-the-WOODS from 1997 until 2005 and continues to serve as Chairman of the Board.
Mr. Sonju is also founder of the National Basketball Association’s Dallas Mavericks, a team founded in 1980, which has won two division titles and one conference championship. Forbes Magazine ranks the “Mavs” as the seventh most valuable basketball franchise in our nation.
Staff recruiters for the CAMP-of-the-WOODS summer program will be on hand in Boon Campus Center throughout the afternoon and dinner. Students selected to work at the camp during summer 2009 can take $1,000 off their Nyack tuition in addition to existing financial aid.
For more information on the camp, visit www.camp-of-the-woods.org.
- TODAY: Christmas Gift Gallery Benefits Global Service-Learning Mexico Trip
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- Browse Blog Archive>>