March 6 is CAMP-of-the-WOODS Day at Nyack
CAMP-of-the-WOODS is a 115-acre Christian family resort and conference center located in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York. Friday, March 6 at Nyack College has been dubbed “CAMP-of-the-WOODS Day.”
Special guest speaker at the 10:10 a.m. chapel in Bowman Gymnasium on the Rockland campus will be Norm Sonju, who served as CEO of CAMP-of-the-WOODS from 1997 until 2005 and continues to serve as Chairman of the Board.
Mr. Sonju is also founder of the National Basketball Association’s Dallas Mavericks, a team founded in 1980, which has won two division titles and one conference championship. Forbes Magazine ranks the “Mavs” as the seventh most valuable basketball franchise in our nation.
Staff recruiters for the CAMP-of-the-WOODS summer program will be on hand in Boon Campus Center throughout the afternoon and dinner. Students selected to work at the camp during summer 2009 can take $1,000 off their Nyack tuition in addition to existing financial aid.
For more information on the camp, visit www.camp-of-the-woods.org.
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Browse Blog Archive>>