Messianic Hope in the Old Testament with Dr. Walter Kaiser
“Messianic Hope in the Old Testament” is the theme of the Evangelical Theological Society’s (ETS) Northeastern Region meeting on Saturday, March 21 at Nyack College Rockland in Boon Campus Center. ETS is a group of scholars, teachers, pastors, students, and others dedicated to the oral exchange and written expression of theological thought and research.
The plenary speaker will be Dr. Walter Kaiser, the Colman M. Mockler distinguished Professor of Old Testament and President Emeritus of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in South Hamilton, MA. He will hold sessions at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:40 p.m. in the Hudson/Palisades Room in Boon Center.
Of the fifteen papers that will be presented, eight will be from Nyack College professors and one student. Among that impressive number of presenters are Dr. Steven Notley, Dr. Larry Poston, Dr. Russell McLeod, Dr. Stephen Bennett, Dr. Steven Ware, Dr. Frank Chan, Prof. Jeffrey Garcia, and New York City campus student, Daryl Lobban. These papers will be presented at 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., and 2:30 p.m. in Boon classrooms.
Registration is $30 ($15 for students) and includes lunch in the Nyack cafeteria. To pre-register, contact Dr. Shawn Buice at (518) 355-4000, ext. 13. For additional information, contact Nyack College Professor of Bible, Dr. Frank Chan at 845-675-4513.
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>