Relay for Life Fundraiser February 27 at 6:00 p.m.
Three years after her passing, the life of Nyack College alumna Jennifer Leghorn, is still being celebrated.
Jennifer will be honored during a Luminaria Ceremony, which kicks off the American Cancer Society Relay for Life® event in the Hennessy Center of Dominican College in Orangeburg, NY on Friday, February 27. “Each year, the Executive Committee dedicates the Relay in memory and in honor of a student, faculty member or administrator who has passed away due to cancer,” says Ryan O’Gorman, Assistant Director of Residence Life at Dominican College and co-chair of the event.
This year Nyack College will join forces with three other Rockland County colleges—Dominican, St. Thomas Aquinas, and SUNY Rockland Community in this effort to raise funds for cancer research.
Nyack students, faculty, staff and administrators are encouraged to be involved. Executive Vice President and Treasurer, David Jennings commented recently that the event “is probably one of the best opportunities that we, as an entire community, will have this year to share how our faith equips us to walk through difficulties like cancer.” Dr. Jennings, who is also a team captain said, “It will be especially significant this year since the event is in memory of one of our own students, Jennifer Leghorn, who exemplified Christ throughout her entire fight against cancer.”
Donations can be made online to the credit of one of several Nyack fundraising teams. For more information, visit the website at www.relayforlife.org/rocklandcountycollegesor contact Nyack’s student government at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read more about Jennifer Leghorn, go to http://www.nyack.edu/path.php?article=79 and read the Path article written by Robin Luce (Student Development Staff) and Rebecca Rexrode (NC ‘06).
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- Chad Needs Your Votes! (Every Day Until November 30)
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- Browse Blog Archive>>