Relay for Life Fundraiser February 27 at 6:00 p.m.
Three years after her passing, the life of Nyack College alumna Jennifer Leghorn, is still being celebrated.
Jennifer will be honored during a Luminaria Ceremony, which kicks off the American Cancer Society Relay for Life® event in the Hennessy Center of Dominican College in Orangeburg, NY on Friday, February 27. “Each year, the Executive Committee dedicates the Relay in memory and in honor of a student, faculty member or administrator who has passed away due to cancer,” says Ryan O’Gorman, Assistant Director of Residence Life at Dominican College and co-chair of the event.
This year Nyack College will join forces with three other Rockland County colleges—Dominican, St. Thomas Aquinas, and SUNY Rockland Community in this effort to raise funds for cancer research.
Nyack students, faculty, staff and administrators are encouraged to be involved. Executive Vice President and Treasurer, David Jennings commented recently that the event “is probably one of the best opportunities that we, as an entire community, will have this year to share how our faith equips us to walk through difficulties like cancer.” Dr. Jennings, who is also a team captain said, “It will be especially significant this year since the event is in memory of one of our own students, Jennifer Leghorn, who exemplified Christ throughout her entire fight against cancer.”
Donations can be made online to the credit of one of several Nyack fundraising teams. For more information, visit the website at www.relayforlife.org/rocklandcountycollegesor contact Nyack’s student government at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read more about Jennifer Leghorn, go to http://www.nyack.edu/path.php?article=79 and read the Path article written by Robin Luce (Student Development Staff) and Rebecca Rexrode (NC ‘06).
- The Loss of AGSC Colleague, Dr. James Chin
- School of Music: Trading Textbooks for iPads
- RELEASE: Nyack's 2015 Golf Classic at Saint Andrew's Golf
- Peter Rohdin: Responding to God's Call
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Browse Blog Archive>>