Piano and Violin Concert Features Nyack Alumna
Nyack alumna, pianist Eunice Kim will be joined by award-winning international concert violinist, Jin Woo Lee, in concert at, 51 Sickletown Road in Pearl River, NY on Saturday, January 31 at 3:30 p.m.
Mr. Lee has performed in the United States, Korea, Germany, Switzerland, Slovenia, France, Italy, Netherlands, and Austria. ). The native of Seoul Korea began playing the violin at the age of four. He graduated from the Humboldt Grammar School in Cologne, Germany in 2001, received his Bachelor’s and master’s degree in Violin Performance from the Juilliard School, and is currently on a full scholarship studying in the Artist Diploma program at the Manhattan School of Music.
Nyack’s own Eunice Kim is an active soloist and sought after collaborative artist, performing numerous concerts each season in New York. She has collaborated with renowned artists such as New York Philharmonic concertmaster violinist, Glenn Dicterow and Grammy Award-winning violinist Mark O'Connor, and violist, Peter Kenote.
Miss Kim began playing the piano at the age of four. At age six, she won the Korean Young Musicians' Contest, and at age seven, the Korean Nationwide Piano Competition. Her teacher in Boston was Jung Ja Kim, Miss Kim continued her early studies at the Juilliard Preparatory Division with Olegna Fuschi and Earnest Barretta. Miss Kim subsequently won a scholarship at Nyack College, where she earned a Bachelor's degree in Piano Performance within three years, while studying piano with Tammy Lum. Now on the staff of The Juilliard School, she is a collaborative pianist and continues studies with Matti Raekallio and Ann Schein.
The January 31 program will include performances of Schubert's Sonatine in D and Fantasy, Beschorber 2-1 (premiere), Liebermann's Sonata, and Lutoslawski's Partita.
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>