The Passing of Former Nyack Prof. Joan Ostling
Former Nyack College journalism and English professor, Joan Ostling, died peacefully at her Ridgewood, NJ home on Sunday, January 11, after a long struggle with breast cancer. With her husband, Richard, a senior correspondent for Time Magazine, she co-authored Mormon America: The Power and The Promise, published by HarperCollins. Mrs. Ostling was also co-author of a comprehensive bibliography of books by and about C. S. Lewis. Joan Ostling was a writer and editor for the U.S. Information Agency in Washington, D.C.
Visiting hours are scheduled for 2-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. on Thursday, January 15, at the Vander Plaat Funeral Home, 257 Godwin Avenue, Wyckoff, NJ. Those unable to visit can post condolence messages on the funeral home’s web site, www.vpfh.com.
The funeral service will be at 10:30 a.m., Friday, January 16, at the Ridgewood Christian Reformed Church, 271 Lincoln Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be sent to the Ridgewood Christian Reformed Church, designated for its handicap access fund.
- TODAY: "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- LAST DAY to Shop for Nyack Warrior Gear Online
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- Browse Blog Archive>>