The Passing of Former Nyack Prof. Joan Ostling
Former Nyack College journalism and English professor, Joan Ostling, died peacefully at her Ridgewood, NJ home on Sunday, January 11, after a long struggle with breast cancer. With her husband, Richard, a senior correspondent for Time Magazine, she co-authored Mormon America: The Power and The Promise, published by HarperCollins. Mrs. Ostling was also co-author of a comprehensive bibliography of books by and about C. S. Lewis. Joan Ostling was a writer and editor for the U.S. Information Agency in Washington, D.C.
Visiting hours are scheduled for 2-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. on Thursday, January 15, at the Vander Plaat Funeral Home, 257 Godwin Avenue, Wyckoff, NJ. Those unable to visit can post condolence messages on the funeral home’s web site, www.vpfh.com.
The funeral service will be at 10:30 a.m., Friday, January 16, at the Ridgewood Christian Reformed Church, 271 Lincoln Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be sent to the Ridgewood Christian Reformed Church, designated for its handicap access fund.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>