Early Childhood Transitions Conference at Nyack
Dr. JoAnn Looney, dean and professor of Nyack’s School of Education, recently announced that Nyack's Rockland County campus will be the venue for the Early Childhood Transitions Conference scheduled for Thursday, January 8, 2009, in Shuman Hall and Boon Campus Center from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. The conference theme is “Brain Compatible Learning.”
This event is the collaborative effort of the Early Childhood Transition Program with co-sponsors, which include the Nyack Teacher Center, Nyack Public Schools, Nyack College/School of Education, Child Care Resources of Rockland and Clarkstown Public Schools.
The Early Childhood Transitions Program was established by the Nyack Teacher Center and Nyack Public Schools to better facilitate communication, interaction, and comradeship between kindergarten teachers and local preschool teachers. Dr. Stuart Knapp and Prof. Sherry Jarrett, Nyack College School of Education faculty, are conference committee members. Prof. Bonnie Parsekian, School of Education adjunct professor, will co-present a workshop entitled, "Connecting Standards to Classroom Practice."
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>