Early Childhood Transitions Conference at Nyack
Dr. JoAnn Looney, dean and professor of Nyack’s School of Education, recently announced that Nyack's Rockland County campus will be the venue for the Early Childhood Transitions Conference scheduled for Thursday, January 8, 2009, in Shuman Hall and Boon Campus Center from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. The conference theme is “Brain Compatible Learning.”
This event is the collaborative effort of the Early Childhood Transition Program with co-sponsors, which include the Nyack Teacher Center, Nyack Public Schools, Nyack College/School of Education, Child Care Resources of Rockland and Clarkstown Public Schools.
The Early Childhood Transitions Program was established by the Nyack Teacher Center and Nyack Public Schools to better facilitate communication, interaction, and comradeship between kindergarten teachers and local preschool teachers. Dr. Stuart Knapp and Prof. Sherry Jarrett, Nyack College School of Education faculty, are conference committee members. Prof. Bonnie Parsekian, School of Education adjunct professor, will co-present a workshop entitled, "Connecting Standards to Classroom Practice."
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>