Oppose Cuts in New York State Student Aid
In light of impending New York State budget cuts, CICU President Abraham Lackman, alerted member campuses about how we can make our voices heard in Albany on the issue of financial aid reductions.
President Lackman sends the following message:
"As you know, New York State faces extremely difficult financial challenges. Funding for college financial aid could be targeted in the weeks and months ahead as our elected representatives figure out how to close a $14 billion hole in the state’s Budget. Just today, the Governor announced $5.2 billion in possible budget cuts as a first step.
In advance of Governor Paterson’s Executive Budget — which is expected on December 16 — I write to ask for ten seconds of your time to help mobilize in support of state student aid programs. More than 300,000 students depend on state financial assistance to meet their college costs. Here is what you can do now:
1. Forward this link to your family and friends: http://capwiz.com/cicu/mlm/signup/
2. Ask them to sign up to receive an e-mail at times when their voice of support will matter most.
In the months ahead, I’ll send updates to let you know when your calls, e-mails and other conversations with policymakers will help to funding for student aid.
Thank you for taking a stand in support of student financial aid. Your positive action will continue to make a difference."
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>