Oppose Cuts in New York State Student Aid
In light of impending New York State budget cuts, CICU President Abraham Lackman, alerted member campuses about how we can make our voices heard in Albany on the issue of financial aid reductions.
President Lackman sends the following message:
"As you know, New York State faces extremely difficult financial challenges. Funding for college financial aid could be targeted in the weeks and months ahead as our elected representatives figure out how to close a $14 billion hole in the state’s Budget. Just today, the Governor announced $5.2 billion in possible budget cuts as a first step.
In advance of Governor Paterson’s Executive Budget — which is expected on December 16 — I write to ask for ten seconds of your time to help mobilize in support of state student aid programs. More than 300,000 students depend on state financial assistance to meet their college costs. Here is what you can do now:
1. Forward this link to your family and friends: http://capwiz.com/cicu/mlm/signup/
2. Ask them to sign up to receive an e-mail at times when their voice of support will matter most.
In the months ahead, I’ll send updates to let you know when your calls, e-mails and other conversations with policymakers will help to funding for student aid.
Thank you for taking a stand in support of student financial aid. Your positive action will continue to make a difference."
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>