Dean Underwood Selected for CCCU Steering Committee
Dr. Anita Underwood, appointed dean of the School of Business and Leadership in August 2008, was recently invited to join the steering committee of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) Research Center in Adult Learning. The new center, developed to study adult learning, is a joint venture the CCCU shares with host institution, Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU) in Marion, IN.
For a two-year term, Dr. Underwood will be a part of a 10-15 member steering committee that convenes biannually in conjunction with an annual conference on adult education. Responsibilities of the committee include soliciting research proposals from CCCU member institutions as well as establishing and prioritizing a research agenda and assessment tools for the research. Committee members will also identify and recommend research fellows, who will reflect the denominational makeup of the CCCU and represent a wide spectrum of academic disciplines.
Dr. Underwood’s nomination was reviewed and accepted by the CCCU and university leaders. She was notified of her selection by Dr. Cynthia Tweedell, Executive Director, CCCU Center for Research in Adult Learning.
The Nyack College community proudly congratulates Dr. Underwood for another outstanding accomplishment.
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>