President Scales Named Chair of CCCU Commission
Founded in 1976, the CCCU is an association of 185 faith-based campuses in 24 countries. The Commission was developed by the CCCU Board of Directors to develop biblically-based initiatives to help faculty, administrators, and students deepen their understanding of the principle of "loving your neighbor."
Topics explored by the Commission on behalf of colleges and universities around the globe include race, gender, and ethnicity; the plight of the disenfranchised; and world religions.
The Robert and Susan Andringa Award for Advancing Racial Harmony is an example of public recognition that the Commission awards to member campuses. Nyack College was the recipient of the Racial Harmony Award in February 2001.
On Dr. Scales’s appointment, Dr. Mimi Barnard, CCCU Vice President for Professional Development & Research says, "The selection of Dr. Scales as chair was a natural choice for the Commission in light of Nyack's heritage and commitment to addressing these issues. We are excited about the future!"
Congratulations, Mr. President!
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Browse Blog Archive>>