President Scales Named Chair of CCCU Commission
Founded in 1976, the CCCU is an association of 185 faith-based campuses in 24 countries. The Commission was developed by the CCCU Board of Directors to develop biblically-based initiatives to help faculty, administrators, and students deepen their understanding of the principle of "loving your neighbor."
Topics explored by the Commission on behalf of colleges and universities around the globe include race, gender, and ethnicity; the plight of the disenfranchised; and world religions.
The Robert and Susan Andringa Award for Advancing Racial Harmony is an example of public recognition that the Commission awards to member campuses. Nyack College was the recipient of the Racial Harmony Award in February 2001.
On Dr. Scales’s appointment, Dr. Mimi Barnard, CCCU Vice President for Professional Development & Research says, "The selection of Dr. Scales as chair was a natural choice for the Commission in light of Nyack's heritage and commitment to addressing these issues. We are excited about the future!"
Congratulations, Mr. President!
- March 29: Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- Nyack Partners With Luis Palau Assocation for CityServe NYC
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Rockland Campus
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- APRIL 10: Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Nyack Says Thank You to Community Sponsors
- Nyack...We're Here to Serve!
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus March 31
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- 15-City Promo Tour for Nyack NYC Campus Music Prof Damien Sneed
- Becker Professional Education Presentation
- FEBRUARY 23-24: Pianist Marcelo Liano in Concert at Nyack Rockland
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Kale Yu on "Earth in Mind"
- Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
- Browse Blog Archive>>