President Scales Named Chair of CCCU Commission
Founded in 1976, the CCCU is an association of 185 faith-based campuses in 24 countries. The Commission was developed by the CCCU Board of Directors to develop biblically-based initiatives to help faculty, administrators, and students deepen their understanding of the principle of "loving your neighbor."
Topics explored by the Commission on behalf of colleges and universities around the globe include race, gender, and ethnicity; the plight of the disenfranchised; and world religions.
The Robert and Susan Andringa Award for Advancing Racial Harmony is an example of public recognition that the Commission awards to member campuses. Nyack College was the recipient of the Racial Harmony Award in February 2001.
On Dr. Scales’s appointment, Dr. Mimi Barnard, CCCU Vice President for Professional Development & Research says, "The selection of Dr. Scales as chair was a natural choice for the Commission in light of Nyack's heritage and commitment to addressing these issues. We are excited about the future!"
Congratulations, Mr. President!
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>