President Scales Named Chair of CCCU Commission
Founded in 1976, the CCCU is an association of 185 faith-based campuses in 24 countries. The Commission was developed by the CCCU Board of Directors to develop biblically-based initiatives to help faculty, administrators, and students deepen their understanding of the principle of "loving your neighbor."
Topics explored by the Commission on behalf of colleges and universities around the globe include race, gender, and ethnicity; the plight of the disenfranchised; and world religions.
The Robert and Susan Andringa Award for Advancing Racial Harmony is an example of public recognition that the Commission awards to member campuses. Nyack College was the recipient of the Racial Harmony Award in February 2001.
On Dr. Scales’s appointment, Dr. Mimi Barnard, CCCU Vice President for Professional Development & Research says, "The selection of Dr. Scales as chair was a natural choice for the Commission in light of Nyack's heritage and commitment to addressing these issues. We are excited about the future!"
Congratulations, Mr. President!
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>