President Scales Named Chair of CCCU Commission
Founded in 1976, the CCCU is an association of 185 faith-based campuses in 24 countries. The Commission was developed by the CCCU Board of Directors to develop biblically-based initiatives to help faculty, administrators, and students deepen their understanding of the principle of "loving your neighbor."
Topics explored by the Commission on behalf of colleges and universities around the globe include race, gender, and ethnicity; the plight of the disenfranchised; and world religions.
The Robert and Susan Andringa Award for Advancing Racial Harmony is an example of public recognition that the Commission awards to member campuses. Nyack College was the recipient of the Racial Harmony Award in February 2001.
On Dr. Scales’s appointment, Dr. Mimi Barnard, CCCU Vice President for Professional Development & Research says, "The selection of Dr. Scales as chair was a natural choice for the Commission in light of Nyack's heritage and commitment to addressing these issues. We are excited about the future!"
Congratulations, Mr. President!
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>