$100,000 "Do Something" Grand Prize to Chad Bullock
© Associated Press
Nyack Communications major and anti-tobacco activist, Chad Bullock, is the 2008 winner of the “Do Something” Award, presented at the tenth annual Teen Choice Awards. Taped in Universal City, CA, the television show aired on the Fox Channel, Monday, August 4. Bullock won the grand prize of $100,000 to support his cause, while the other eight nominees, aged 13-25, each won $10,000.
Actress Scarlett Johansson presented the award to the 19-year-old Durham, NC native, who shared how his grandfather’s death from lung cancer motivated him to wage the war against smoking. In addition to nationwide speaking engagements, he has worked with political leaders, major companies, and other teens to advance his efforts. Two years ago, Chad was recognized by The Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids in Washington, D.C. for his leadership in the fight against tobacco use.
The Nyack campus community congratulates Chad on his latest accomplishment!
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Director of Ensemble Is a Nominee for Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
- Browse Blog Archive>>