$100,000 "Do Something" Grand Prize to Chad Bullock
© Associated Press
Nyack Communications major and anti-tobacco activist, Chad Bullock, is the 2008 winner of the “Do Something” Award, presented at the tenth annual Teen Choice Awards. Taped in Universal City, CA, the television show aired on the Fox Channel, Monday, August 4. Bullock won the grand prize of $100,000 to support his cause, while the other eight nominees, aged 13-25, each won $10,000.
Actress Scarlett Johansson presented the award to the 19-year-old Durham, NC native, who shared how his grandfather’s death from lung cancer motivated him to wage the war against smoking. In addition to nationwide speaking engagements, he has worked with political leaders, major companies, and other teens to advance his efforts. Two years ago, Chad was recognized by The Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids in Washington, D.C. for his leadership in the fight against tobacco use.
The Nyack campus community congratulates Chad on his latest accomplishment!
- Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- Brightnie Jones ('09) Moves on as a Top All-Star Vocalist on BET's Sunday Best
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- Brightnie Jones Back in BET's "Sunday Best" Vocal Competition
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Browse Blog Archive>>