$100,000 "Do Something" Grand Prize to Chad Bullock
© Associated Press
Nyack Communications major and anti-tobacco activist, Chad Bullock, is the 2008 winner of the “Do Something” Award, presented at the tenth annual Teen Choice Awards. Taped in Universal City, CA, the television show aired on the Fox Channel, Monday, August 4. Bullock won the grand prize of $100,000 to support his cause, while the other eight nominees, aged 13-25, each won $10,000.
Actress Scarlett Johansson presented the award to the 19-year-old Durham, NC native, who shared how his grandfather’s death from lung cancer motivated him to wage the war against smoking. In addition to nationwide speaking engagements, he has worked with political leaders, major companies, and other teens to advance his efforts. Two years ago, Chad was recognized by The Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids in Washington, D.C. for his leadership in the fight against tobacco use.
The Nyack campus community congratulates Chad on his latest accomplishment!
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>