$100,000 "Do Something" Grand Prize to Chad Bullock
© Associated Press
Nyack Communications major and anti-tobacco activist, Chad Bullock, is the 2008 winner of the “Do Something” Award, presented at the tenth annual Teen Choice Awards. Taped in Universal City, CA, the television show aired on the Fox Channel, Monday, August 4. Bullock won the grand prize of $100,000 to support his cause, while the other eight nominees, aged 13-25, each won $10,000.
Actress Scarlett Johansson presented the award to the 19-year-old Durham, NC native, who shared how his grandfather’s death from lung cancer motivated him to wage the war against smoking. In addition to nationwide speaking engagements, he has worked with political leaders, major companies, and other teens to advance his efforts. Two years ago, Chad was recognized by The Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids in Washington, D.C. for his leadership in the fight against tobacco use.
The Nyack campus community congratulates Chad on his latest accomplishment!
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Remembering Dr. Rexford Boda, President Emeritus (1933-2017)
- Dr. Marie White Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- Summertime Prayer
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Browse Blog Archive>>