Nyack ESL Outreach Applauded
The ESL and Modern Language and Linguistics Departments at Nyack’s New York City campus were recently recognized by the Downtown Learning Center (DLC) in Brooklyn for their outreach initiatives to train ESL volunteers in faith-based organizations in the New York metropolitan area. During the graduation ceremony for 131 GED graduates and other students served by DLC, Prof. Peg Bowen, Director of ESL, was presented the award. The group cited an “appreciation for the department’s dedication and contribution to the intellectual and spiritual growth of the tutors and students of the Downtown Learning Center.”
For more than a year the NYC campus has been the site for free workshops developed for pastors, teachers, and ESL workers. Topics have included "Teaching with Technology (for the technically challenged),” “Literacy for English Language Learners (How to Teach Reading),” and “Methodology.” Representatives from leading educational publisher Pearson Longman have been on hand at the Nyack workshops to distribute free books to participants.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>