2008 Distinguished Lecturer Series: Dr. Frederick DiBlasio
The Alliance Graduate School of Counseling on the Rockland Campus will host its annual Distinguished Lectureship Series featuring award-winning speaker, Dr. Frederick A. DiBlasio on Friday, May 30 at 7:30 p.m. in the chapel of Alliance Theological Seminary, 350 North Highland Ave. in Nyack.
Dr. DiBlasio, a therapist and professor of social work at the University of Maryland, will address the topic, “The Power of Forgiveness.” He co-wrote several recent articles including “Christ-like Love and Forgiveness: A biblical foundation for counseling practice” and “Empirical and theological exploration of a decision-based forgiveness intervention with committed Christian couples,” both for the Journal of Psychology and Christianity. He also co-wrote, “Christ-like love and forgiveness in marital counseling: Theory and practice implications” for Marriage and Family: A Christian Journal.
There is no charge for admission to the lecture. For directions or more information call, 1-800-541-6891.
- TODAY: "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- LAST DAY to Shop for Nyack Warrior Gear Online
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- Browse Blog Archive>>