2008 Distinguished Lecturer Series: Dr. Frederick DiBlasio
The Alliance Graduate School of Counseling on the Rockland Campus will host its annual Distinguished Lectureship Series featuring award-winning speaker, Dr. Frederick A. DiBlasio on Friday, May 30 at 7:30 p.m. in the chapel of Alliance Theological Seminary, 350 North Highland Ave. in Nyack.
Dr. DiBlasio, a therapist and professor of social work at the University of Maryland, will address the topic, “The Power of Forgiveness.” He co-wrote several recent articles including “Christ-like Love and Forgiveness: A biblical foundation for counseling practice” and “Empirical and theological exploration of a decision-based forgiveness intervention with committed Christian couples,” both for the Journal of Psychology and Christianity. He also co-wrote, “Christ-like love and forgiveness in marital counseling: Theory and practice implications” for Marriage and Family: A Christian Journal.
There is no charge for admission to the lecture. For directions or more information call, 1-800-541-6891.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>