Dr. Richard Gathro Joins Nyack Washington, DC
The appointment of Dr. Richard Gathro to the role of Assistant to the President and Dean of the Nyack College Washington, DC campus was recently announced by President Michael G. Scales. He joins the Nyack administrative team on April 1.
At the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU), Dr. Gathro provided exemplary leadership in a variety of roles over the past three decades as Associate Director/Faculty Member for the American Studies Program (1978-1989); CCCU Vice President (1990-1998); CCCU Senior Vice President (1998-2004); CCCU Executive Vice President (2004-2007) and CCCU Senior Fellow (2007-present). He was honored at the 32nd Annual CCCU Presidents Conference in Washington, DC and will continue with the group in an advisory role as a permanent Senior Fellow.
Among his numerous accomplishments, Dr. Gathro created, developed, and led virtually all of the many CCCU student programs both domestic and international. He is currently
Senior Fellow, Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Washington, D.C.
President of the Fund for Integrated Education, Arlington, VA.
Trustee, Russian-American Christian University, Moscow, Russia
Lecturer, Washington Journalism Center, Washington, D.C.
Advisory Board Member for Brewing Culture (promoting creativity and the arts), Washington, D.C., Briner Institute (popular culture think-tank), Nashville, TN, International Association for the Promotion of Christian Higher Education (Iowa).
A chief enrollment officer at Trinity International University (Deerfield) prior to his CCCU tenure, Dr. Gathro’s first responsibility at Nyack will be to lead the DC team in their initiative of increased enrollment.
Dr. Gathro has also served with the Commission for Advancing Intercultural Competencies, the Commission for International Higher Education and the Commission for Campus Ministry Directors.
President Scales commented, “Richard Gathro has a well-deserved reputation for the successful training and mentoring of leaders—a skill much needed by our institution because of our growth, diversity and youth. More important than even his extraordinary capabilities is his compassionate heart. His vast network, nationally and internationally, is an invaluable asset for our future. He opens many new worlds for us. We are delighted to welcome Dr. Gathro and his wonderful wife, Kathy, to the Nyack family."
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>