Dr. Richard Gathro Joins Nyack Washington, DC
The appointment of Dr. Richard Gathro to the role of Assistant to the President and Dean of the Nyack College Washington, DC campus was recently announced by President Michael G. Scales. He joins the Nyack administrative team on April 1.
At the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU), Dr. Gathro provided exemplary leadership in a variety of roles over the past three decades as Associate Director/Faculty Member for the American Studies Program (1978-1989); CCCU Vice President (1990-1998); CCCU Senior Vice President (1998-2004); CCCU Executive Vice President (2004-2007) and CCCU Senior Fellow (2007-present). He was honored at the 32nd Annual CCCU Presidents Conference in Washington, DC and will continue with the group in an advisory role as a permanent Senior Fellow.
Among his numerous accomplishments, Dr. Gathro created, developed, and led virtually all of the many CCCU student programs both domestic and international. He is currently
Senior Fellow, Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Washington, D.C.
President of the Fund for Integrated Education, Arlington, VA.
Trustee, Russian-American Christian University, Moscow, Russia
Lecturer, Washington Journalism Center, Washington, D.C.
Advisory Board Member for Brewing Culture (promoting creativity and the arts), Washington, D.C., Briner Institute (popular culture think-tank), Nashville, TN, International Association for the Promotion of Christian Higher Education (Iowa).
A chief enrollment officer at Trinity International University (Deerfield) prior to his CCCU tenure, Dr. Gathro’s first responsibility at Nyack will be to lead the DC team in their initiative of increased enrollment.
Dr. Gathro has also served with the Commission for Advancing Intercultural Competencies, the Commission for International Higher Education and the Commission for Campus Ministry Directors.
President Scales commented, “Richard Gathro has a well-deserved reputation for the successful training and mentoring of leaders—a skill much needed by our institution because of our growth, diversity and youth. More important than even his extraordinary capabilities is his compassionate heart. His vast network, nationally and internationally, is an invaluable asset for our future. He opens many new worlds for us. We are delighted to welcome Dr. Gathro and his wonderful wife, Kathy, to the Nyack family."
- University of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Browse Blog Archive>>