CSWE Accreditation for Social Work Program!
Dr. Kwi Yun, Chair of Nyack’s Department of Social Work announced a new accreditation from the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). The CSWE is the national association for social work education in the United States of America, which oversees standards of courses and accreditation of bachelor’s degrees and master’s degree programs in social work.
Members of Nyack’s Social Work Department team, who diligently contributed to the accreditation process, included Dr. Kwiryung Yun, Department Chair and Professor; Dr. Carol Awasu Deputy Chair and Professor; Prof. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, Field Education Coordinator and Assistant Professor; and Prof. Scott Dixon, Faculty Member. Dr. Yun also acknowledges the contributions of Mrs. Percelene McLain, Division Secretary in Social and Behavioral Sciences; student worker and 2007 graduate, Janet Wu; and current student worker, Mia Basa Agubuya.
This prestigious achievement will be celebrated with a praise, worship, and dedication service on Thursday, March 27 at the 5:00 p.m. chapel on the Nyack New York City campus. A Rockland County campus service is being planned by Dr. Awasu.
President Michael G. Scales expressed praise to the team and added his thanks “for the perseverance and considerable investment of time, talent, and prayer.”
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Browse Blog Archive>>