80th Academy Awards Will Spotlight Nyack Alumna
Nyack alumna and New York City campus School of Music soloist, Willana Mack will perform on the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science 2008 Awards ceremony, which airs Sunday, February 24, 2008. The 80th annual event will be held at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Los Angeles, CA. Ms. Mack, a 2005 graduate, appeared in the 2007 Warner Brothers film, “August Rush.”
The selection she will sing, “Raise It Up,” is a gospel song from the film is nominated in the category, “achievement in music written for motion pictures (original song).” Music and lyrics were created by Jamal Joseph, Tevin Thomas, and Willana’s brother, Charles Mack.
Check your local listings for viewing times. Tune in and be proud with the Nyack campus community.
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- OCT 29 & 31: Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- Browse Blog Archive>>