80th Academy Awards Will Spotlight Nyack Alumna
Nyack alumna and New York City campus School of Music soloist, Willana Mack will perform on the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science 2008 Awards ceremony, which airs Sunday, February 24, 2008. The 80th annual event will be held at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Los Angeles, CA. Ms. Mack, a 2005 graduate, appeared in the 2007 Warner Brothers film, “August Rush.”
The selection she will sing, “Raise It Up,” is a gospel song from the film is nominated in the category, “achievement in music written for motion pictures (original song).” Music and lyrics were created by Jamal Joseph, Tevin Thomas, and Willana’s brother, Charles Mack.
Check your local listings for viewing times. Tune in and be proud with the Nyack campus community.
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Browse Blog Archive>>