Dr. Ron Walborn Is New ATS Dean
During recent Board of Trustees and Alliance Theological Seminary sub-committee meetings, the appointment of Dr. Ronald Walborn as the next Dean of ATS was affirmed. For the remainder of the current semester Dr. Turk, Provost and Interim Dean of ATS, will begin to transition responsibilities to Dr. Walborn. Dr. Walborn will officially assume the role of ATS Dean effective Tuesday, May 20, 2008.
Currently Dean of Nyack’s Division of Bible and Christian Ministry, he has served as a senior pastor of an 800-member church and as a church planter, ministering on both the east and west coast. Since Dr. Walborn’s return to Nyack College in 1999, the Pastoral Ministry program has grown into one of the larger programs at the College, and student evaluations of his classes are among the highest received. Recent graduates from the College’s Pastoral Ministry program serve in a variety of ministry roles in metro NY and within the broader C&MA community.
Nyack/ATS President Dr. Michael Scales says, “Ron is an excellent administrator and passionate leader. His passion for connecting the lost to the love of God and his commitment to bring renewal to the church make him a sought-after guest speaker at retreats, conferences, camps, and mega-churches.”
“The need for professionally trained and highly educated seminary graduates is greater than ever. This past fall, ATS experienced a total enrollment of 625 students—just in New York State.” Dr. Scales continued, “Our faculty is one of the finest groups of seminary academicians in the world with regard as they integrate theology, Missiology, sociology, anthropology, and ministry preparation. Dr. Turk and I are excited about what the future will bring for our faculty and graduates.”
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- OCT 29 & 31: Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- Browse Blog Archive>>