Dr. Ron Walborn Is New ATS Dean
During recent Board of Trustees and Alliance Theological Seminary sub-committee meetings, the appointment of Dr. Ronald Walborn as the next Dean of ATS was affirmed. For the remainder of the current semester Dr. Turk, Provost and Interim Dean of ATS, will begin to transition responsibilities to Dr. Walborn. Dr. Walborn will officially assume the role of ATS Dean effective Tuesday, May 20, 2008.
Currently Dean of Nyack’s Division of Bible and Christian Ministry, he has served as a senior pastor of an 800-member church and as a church planter, ministering on both the east and west coast. Since Dr. Walborn’s return to Nyack College in 1999, the Pastoral Ministry program has grown into one of the larger programs at the College, and student evaluations of his classes are among the highest received. Recent graduates from the College’s Pastoral Ministry program serve in a variety of ministry roles in metro NY and within the broader C&MA community.
Nyack/ATS President Dr. Michael Scales says, “Ron is an excellent administrator and passionate leader. His passion for connecting the lost to the love of God and his commitment to bring renewal to the church make him a sought-after guest speaker at retreats, conferences, camps, and mega-churches.”
“The need for professionally trained and highly educated seminary graduates is greater than ever. This past fall, ATS experienced a total enrollment of 625 students—just in New York State.” Dr. Scales continued, “Our faculty is one of the finest groups of seminary academicians in the world with regard as they integrate theology, Missiology, sociology, anthropology, and ministry preparation. Dr. Turk and I are excited about what the future will bring for our faculty and graduates.”
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>