Social Justice Day Speaker at Nyack Rockland
Nyack’s annual Social Justice Day luncheon will be held in Shuman Hall on Friday, January 18 at 12:30 p.m. on the Rockland County campus. This event is a prelude to celebrating the national Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday on Monday, January 21.
The 2008 recipient of the Social Justice Award will be C. Scott Vanderhoef, Rockland County Executive, who is currently serving his third term. The guest speaker for this popular event, which is well received by both the campus and the Rockland community, will be Mrs.Wylene Branton Wood. A dynamic educator and promoter of social justice and equality, Mrs. Wood is the president of the African American Historical Society of Rockland County. She also served as Co-Chair of La Amistad Project Committee for Haverstraw, NY.
Mrs. Wood is the wife of Dr. Cliff Wood, president of SUNY Rockland Community College and the daughter of Wiley Austin Branton Sr., who was lead counsel in Cooper vs. Aaron, better known as “The Little Rock Nine” case, which filed suit against attempts to delay the integration of Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Tickets for the luncheon are $50 per person. For more information phone 845.675.4589 or email email@example.com.
- Thursday, October 23--Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Browse Blog Archive>>