Rockland County Executive Social Justice Honoree
At its annual Social Justice Day luncheon, Nyack College will honor County Executive for Rockland County, C. Scott Vanderhoef on Friday, January 18, 2008 at 12:30 p.m. in Shuman Hall at the Rockland County campus at 1 South Boulevard in Nyack, NY. Mr. Vanderhoef is being recognized for his leadership and service to the Rockland County community.
His solid record of public service began in 1972 under the administration of Governor Nelson A. Rockefeller and continued in the political arena, serving two other governors. Mr. Vanderhoef became Rockland’s County Executive in 1994. He has advocated for better land use, health care services, creation and protection of several County parks, as well as demonstrating care and concern for all of the County’s residents. The environmental attorney, who is a native of Rockland County, is currently serving his third term as the highest elected office in the County. In addition, he has been a board member for numerous charitable and civic organizations.
Guest speaker at the luncheon will be Dominic Carter, an award-winning political reporter at the newschannel, NY1, since 1992. This year Mr. Carter, who has interviewed many notable public figures—some of them exclusives—released his first book, No Momma’s Boy. The autobiography chronicles a childhood of abuse at the hands of his mother who suffered from mental illness, but also tells the story of his climb to success.
Seating in President’s Hall is limited and the deadline for ticket purchases is January 14 for groups of 10 or for individual seats at $50 per person. For more information phone 845-675-4589 or email email@example.com.
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- Browse Blog Archive>>