Rockland County Executive Social Justice Honoree
At its annual Social Justice Day luncheon, Nyack College will honor County Executive for Rockland County, C. Scott Vanderhoef on Friday, January 18, 2008 at 12:30 p.m. in Shuman Hall at the Rockland County campus at 1 South Boulevard in Nyack, NY. Mr. Vanderhoef is being recognized for his leadership and service to the Rockland County community.
His solid record of public service began in 1972 under the administration of Governor Nelson A. Rockefeller and continued in the political arena, serving two other governors. Mr. Vanderhoef became Rockland’s County Executive in 1994. He has advocated for better land use, health care services, creation and protection of several County parks, as well as demonstrating care and concern for all of the County’s residents. The environmental attorney, who is a native of Rockland County, is currently serving his third term as the highest elected office in the County. In addition, he has been a board member for numerous charitable and civic organizations.
Guest speaker at the luncheon will be Dominic Carter, an award-winning political reporter at the newschannel, NY1, since 1992. This year Mr. Carter, who has interviewed many notable public figures—some of them exclusives—released his first book, No Momma’s Boy. The autobiography chronicles a childhood of abuse at the hands of his mother who suffered from mental illness, but also tells the story of his climb to success.
Seating in President’s Hall is limited and the deadline for ticket purchases is January 14 for groups of 10 or for individual seats at $50 per person. For more information phone 845-675-4589 or email email@example.com.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>