Rockland County Executive Social Justice Honoree
At its annual Social Justice Day luncheon, Nyack College will honor County Executive for Rockland County, C. Scott Vanderhoef on Friday, January 18, 2008 at 12:30 p.m. in Shuman Hall at the Rockland County campus at 1 South Boulevard in Nyack, NY. Mr. Vanderhoef is being recognized for his leadership and service to the Rockland County community.
His solid record of public service began in 1972 under the administration of Governor Nelson A. Rockefeller and continued in the political arena, serving two other governors. Mr. Vanderhoef became Rockland’s County Executive in 1994. He has advocated for better land use, health care services, creation and protection of several County parks, as well as demonstrating care and concern for all of the County’s residents. The environmental attorney, who is a native of Rockland County, is currently serving his third term as the highest elected office in the County. In addition, he has been a board member for numerous charitable and civic organizations.
Guest speaker at the luncheon will be Dominic Carter, an award-winning political reporter at the newschannel, NY1, since 1992. This year Mr. Carter, who has interviewed many notable public figures—some of them exclusives—released his first book, No Momma’s Boy. The autobiography chronicles a childhood of abuse at the hands of his mother who suffered from mental illness, but also tells the story of his climb to success.
Seating in President’s Hall is limited and the deadline for ticket purchases is January 14 for groups of 10 or for individual seats at $50 per person. For more information phone 845-675-4589 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, Jan. 30: Andrew Palau at Nyack College Rockland
- February 9: Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>