Rockland County Executive Social Justice Honoree
At its annual Social Justice Day luncheon, Nyack College will honor County Executive for Rockland County, C. Scott Vanderhoef on Friday, January 18, 2008 at 12:30 p.m. in Shuman Hall at the Rockland County campus at 1 South Boulevard in Nyack, NY. Mr. Vanderhoef is being recognized for his leadership and service to the Rockland County community.
His solid record of public service began in 1972 under the administration of Governor Nelson A. Rockefeller and continued in the political arena, serving two other governors. Mr. Vanderhoef became Rockland’s County Executive in 1994. He has advocated for better land use, health care services, creation and protection of several County parks, as well as demonstrating care and concern for all of the County’s residents. The environmental attorney, who is a native of Rockland County, is currently serving his third term as the highest elected office in the County. In addition, he has been a board member for numerous charitable and civic organizations.
Guest speaker at the luncheon will be Dominic Carter, an award-winning political reporter at the newschannel, NY1, since 1992. This year Mr. Carter, who has interviewed many notable public figures—some of them exclusives—released his first book, No Momma’s Boy. The autobiography chronicles a childhood of abuse at the hands of his mother who suffered from mental illness, but also tells the story of his climb to success.
Seating in President’s Hall is limited and the deadline for ticket purchases is January 14 for groups of 10 or for individual seats at $50 per person. For more information phone 845-675-4589 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>