Rockland County Executive Social Justice Honoree
At its annual Social Justice Day luncheon, Nyack College will honor County Executive for Rockland County, C. Scott Vanderhoef on Friday, January 18, 2008 at 12:30 p.m. in Shuman Hall at the Rockland County campus at 1 South Boulevard in Nyack, NY. Mr. Vanderhoef is being recognized for his leadership and service to the Rockland County community.
His solid record of public service began in 1972 under the administration of Governor Nelson A. Rockefeller and continued in the political arena, serving two other governors. Mr. Vanderhoef became Rockland’s County Executive in 1994. He has advocated for better land use, health care services, creation and protection of several County parks, as well as demonstrating care and concern for all of the County’s residents. The environmental attorney, who is a native of Rockland County, is currently serving his third term as the highest elected office in the County. In addition, he has been a board member for numerous charitable and civic organizations.
Guest speaker at the luncheon will be Dominic Carter, an award-winning political reporter at the newschannel, NY1, since 1992. This year Mr. Carter, who has interviewed many notable public figures—some of them exclusives—released his first book, No Momma’s Boy. The autobiography chronicles a childhood of abuse at the hands of his mother who suffered from mental illness, but also tells the story of his climb to success.
Seating in President’s Hall is limited and the deadline for ticket purchases is January 14 for groups of 10 or for individual seats at $50 per person. For more information phone 845-675-4589 or email email@example.com.
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Browse Blog Archive>>