Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2008
Monday, January 21, Nyack College will celebrate the annual Martin Luther King. Jr. holiday. Though classes are not in session, the “day off” will be a “day on” with several opportunities for the campus to serve community organizations or to attend local events in remembrance of Dr. King's legacy.
Events include the following:
Annual Martin Luther King Community Breakfast,
St. Charles AME Zion Church, 432 Valentine Ave, Sparkill, NY
Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary president, Dr. Michael G. Scales will be the guest speaker.
North Broadway and Depew St., Nyack, NY
Volunteers will work on repair projects at Nyack Center.
Community Blood Drive and Health Fair
119 Main St., Nyack, NY
10:00 am- 2:00 pm and 3:30 p.m.-5:00 pm
In addition to free medical tests and screenings, Riverspace will show the film, Martin Luther King, Jr.: The Man and the Dream.
Annual Martin Luther King Commemorative Service
Pilgrim Baptist Church
33 North Franklin St., Nyack, NY
This special service, which begins at 2:00 p.m., will include a performance by Nyack College’s More Than Conquerors Gospel Choir.
New Life Community Health Center
82-10 Queens Blvd. , Elmhurst, NY
Members of Nyack College Athletic Teams will work on projects at the Health Center.
Fueled by the famous King quote: "Be concerned about your brother...either we go up together, or we go down together. Let us develop a kind of dangerous unselfishness," Nyack will partner with several organizations on special activities. The groups include the Berea Seventh Day Adventist Church, The Indian Nurses Association, The Rockland Chapter of the American Association of University Women, Rockland County Department of Health, The Rockland Ministerial Alliance and the Honorable John Shields, mayor of the Village of Nyack.
For additional information, contact the Office of Community Relations at 845.675.4791.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>