Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2008
Monday, January 21, Nyack College will celebrate the annual Martin Luther King. Jr. holiday. Though classes are not in session, the “day off” will be a “day on” with several opportunities for the campus to serve community organizations or to attend local events in remembrance of Dr. King's legacy.
Events include the following:
Annual Martin Luther King Community Breakfast,
St. Charles AME Zion Church, 432 Valentine Ave, Sparkill, NY
Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary president, Dr. Michael G. Scales will be the guest speaker.
North Broadway and Depew St., Nyack, NY
Volunteers will work on repair projects at Nyack Center.
Community Blood Drive and Health Fair
119 Main St., Nyack, NY
10:00 am- 2:00 pm and 3:30 p.m.-5:00 pm
In addition to free medical tests and screenings, Riverspace will show the film, Martin Luther King, Jr.: The Man and the Dream.
Annual Martin Luther King Commemorative Service
Pilgrim Baptist Church
33 North Franklin St., Nyack, NY
This special service, which begins at 2:00 p.m., will include a performance by Nyack College’s More Than Conquerors Gospel Choir.
New Life Community Health Center
82-10 Queens Blvd. , Elmhurst, NY
Members of Nyack College Athletic Teams will work on projects at the Health Center.
Fueled by the famous King quote: "Be concerned about your brother...either we go up together, or we go down together. Let us develop a kind of dangerous unselfishness," Nyack will partner with several organizations on special activities. The groups include the Berea Seventh Day Adventist Church, The Indian Nurses Association, The Rockland Chapter of the American Association of University Women, Rockland County Department of Health, The Rockland Ministerial Alliance and the Honorable John Shields, mayor of the Village of Nyack.
For additional information, contact the Office of Community Relations at 845.675.4791.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>