Thanksgiving Outreach: The Love Experience
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday November 20, 2007
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink (Matthew 25:35)
With the compassion of Christ energizing their efforts and demonstrating the mission to "provide a living, loving, and learning community environment," Nyack's Residence Life mobilized the college community to conduct a food drive. The collection, which took place last week, was organized to assure that families served by Head Start in Rockland County would have Thanksgiving meals. Bins were placed in each residence hall for students to make contributions. A central drop-off point was set up in Boon Campus center for faculty and staff to bring donations.
Director of Residence Life, Mrs. Wanda Velez, reports that 36 families--twelve families at each site in Nyack, Haverstraw, and Spring Valley, New York--were supplied with food. Members of the Residence Life professional staff were greeted at each Head Start by a social workers on the day the food was delivered. Some recipient families were also on hand to witness this generous outpouring of love.
Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me (Matthew 25:40).
Mrs. Velez and her staff would like to thank all workers and contributors who took the time to donate food or money to this holiday outreach.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>