November 14 Chapel Speaker: Tony Campolo
Tony Campolo, Founder and President of the Evangelical Association for the Promotion of Education (EAPE), will be the chapel speaker at Nyack College, Wednesday, November 14 at 10:00 on the Rockland campus in Bowman Gym. EAPE develops schools and programs in Third World countries and in cities across North America.
Professor Emeritus of Sociology at Eastern University in St. Davids, Pennsylvania and a graduate of Eastern College, with a Ph.D. from Temple University, Dr. Campolo served for ten years on the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania.
He has created and administrated programs for “at-risk” children in cities across North America, and has helped establish schools and universities in several developing countries. A media commentator on religious, social and political matters, he has appeared on television shows including, Nightline, Crossfire, The Charlie Rose Show, Larry King Live, CNN Dayside, CNN News and MSNBC News.
An author of more than 30 books, his latest, The God of Intimacy and Action, was released in July 2007. Also an ordained minister, Dr. Campolo has served American Baptist Churches in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and is currently an associate pastor of the Mount Carmel Baptist Church in West Philadelphia.
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- Browse Blog Archive>>