Distinguished Professor of Philosophy Lectures at Nyack
Dr. Merold Westphal, Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at Fordham University will be the guest lecturer hosted by the Philosophy Senior Seminar on Tuesday, October 30 at 9:30 a.m. in Hilltop Classroom 4 on Nyack's Rockland County campus. His subject will be “Faith in the Midst of Secular Thought.”
Dr. Westphal’s expertise is in the field of Continental Philosophy, which includes the work of Kant, Hegel, Kierkegaard, Husserl, and Heidegger. An author of eight books and some 200 published articles, he is a scholarly consultant for the university press of several universities and academic journals.
At Wheaton College, he completed undergraduate studies summa cum laude and earned both his M.A.and Ph.D. from Yale University. Dr. Westphal has taught philosophy at Fordham for twenty years and at a number of other colleges and seminaries, among them Wheaton College, Yale University, Harvard Divinity School and Fuller Theological Seminary.
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>