Loss in the Nyack Community
The Nyack College campus in Rockland County announces with regret the untimely death of Mi Ra Park, a sophomore international student, after a head-on collision with a truck. The fatal crash occurred on Sunday, October 21 at 5:20 p.m. on Interstate 81 in Frederick County, Virginia and has been confirmed by the Virginia State Police. Mi Ra was visiting with her younger brother, also a student, studying in Virginia.
Nyack students who were aware of her trip to Virginia contacted the Virginia State Police on Monday, October 22 to file a missing person’s report when they had not heard from her since Sunday afternoon. The police responded with the news at 1:00 a.m. today that Ms. Park had been killed in a car accident. Residence Life staff was subsequently informed.
Dean of Students, Mrs. Michele Pinkham in coordination with Nyack’s Campus Pastor, Rev. Kelvin Walker, has enlisted the help of faculty and staff to be available to assist students with processing this loss.
Special prayer room hours have been established and began today in Boon Campus Center from 1:00 p.m. and will run until 10 p.m. On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, the prayer room will be open from 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
Mi Ra’s parents are en route to the United States from Korea. Funeral arrangements are unavailable at this time. Please keep Mi Ra’s family in prayer—for the safe travel of her parents and for the comfort needed for family and friends during this sudden tragedy.
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Browse Blog Archive>>