Loss in the Nyack Community
The Nyack College campus in Rockland County announces with regret the untimely death of Mi Ra Park, a sophomore international student, after a head-on collision with a truck. The fatal crash occurred on Sunday, October 21 at 5:20 p.m. on Interstate 81 in Frederick County, Virginia and has been confirmed by the Virginia State Police. Mi Ra was visiting with her younger brother, also a student, studying in Virginia.
Nyack students who were aware of her trip to Virginia contacted the Virginia State Police on Monday, October 22 to file a missing person’s report when they had not heard from her since Sunday afternoon. The police responded with the news at 1:00 a.m. today that Ms. Park had been killed in a car accident. Residence Life staff was subsequently informed.
Dean of Students, Mrs. Michele Pinkham in coordination with Nyack’s Campus Pastor, Rev. Kelvin Walker, has enlisted the help of faculty and staff to be available to assist students with processing this loss.
Special prayer room hours have been established and began today in Boon Campus Center from 1:00 p.m. and will run until 10 p.m. On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, the prayer room will be open from 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
Mi Ra’s parents are en route to the United States from Korea. Funeral arrangements are unavailable at this time. Please keep Mi Ra’s family in prayer—for the safe travel of her parents and for the comfort needed for family and friends during this sudden tragedy.
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Get Nyack Warrior Gear Online Until September 30
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>