Robert Thomas Pickett 1970-2007
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday October 3, 2007
Director of Interdisciplinary Studies, Dr. Fernando Arzola, recently announced that New York City campus alumnus, Robert Thomas Pickett passed away on September 26, 2007. The 2007 magna cum laude graduate, who majored in Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in Youth Ministry and Psychology, was just 37 years old.
Dr. Arzola shared that Robert's favorite scripture passage was "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances" (Philippians 4:11). Robert was passionate about poetry, sports, and mentoring.
Robert Pickett will be remembered by the Nyack community on Thursday, November 1 at the Youth Ministry Chapel at the New York City campus.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Browse Blog Archive>>