Robert Thomas Pickett 1970-2007
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday October 3, 2007
Director of Interdisciplinary Studies, Dr. Fernando Arzola, recently announced that New York City campus alumnus, Robert Thomas Pickett passed away on September 26, 2007. The 2007 magna cum laude graduate, who majored in Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in Youth Ministry and Psychology, was just 37 years old.
Dr. Arzola shared that Robert's favorite scripture passage was "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances" (Philippians 4:11). Robert was passionate about poetry, sports, and mentoring.
Robert Pickett will be remembered by the Nyack community on Thursday, November 1 at the Youth Ministry Chapel at the New York City campus.
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>