Remembering Harry Webster (1908-2007)
A dear friend of Nyack and Alliance Theological Seminary, Rev. Harry W. Webster, went home to be with the Lord on Saturday, September 22. He was known to many as pastor, church planter, and military chaplain, as well as husband and father. A gifted artisan, his stained glass handiwork graces windows at ATS Rockland and in Pardington Hall on the Nyack Rockland County campus.
Several gatherings this week will honor Mr. Webster’s life: A viewing will be held Wednesday, September 26 at Fairhaven Mortuary, 1702 Fairhaven Ave., Santa Ana, CA; A graveside Military Committal Service on Thursday, September 27 at 10:00 at Crystal Cathedral Memorial Gardens, 12141 Lewis Street, Garden Grove, CA; and a Christian memorial service on Friday, September 28 at 1:30 p.m. at the Community Bible Church, Town & Country Manor, 555 East Memory Lane, Santa Ana, CA with an informal reception of the Manor’s Garden Room.
Rev. Webster was known for his generosity to both Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary through several scholarships that he established, the first of which was the Harry Webster Scholarship, a $100,000 endowment that has helped dozens of ATS students pursue their seminary degrees.
A poignant snapshot that beautifully capsulizes Mr. Webster’s 99 years of service to The Christian and Missionary Alliance and to the Body of Christ, can be read in its entirety at http://www.nyack.edu/?page=WebsterEndowment
- Nyack College Golf Class Return to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Browse Blog Archive>>