Remembering Harry Webster (1908-2007)
A dear friend of Nyack and Alliance Theological Seminary, Rev. Harry W. Webster, went home to be with the Lord on Saturday, September 22. He was known to many as pastor, church planter, and military chaplain, as well as husband and father. A gifted artisan, his stained glass handiwork graces windows at ATS Rockland and in Pardington Hall on the Nyack Rockland County campus.
Several gatherings this week will honor Mr. Webster’s life: A viewing will be held Wednesday, September 26 at Fairhaven Mortuary, 1702 Fairhaven Ave., Santa Ana, CA; A graveside Military Committal Service on Thursday, September 27 at 10:00 at Crystal Cathedral Memorial Gardens, 12141 Lewis Street, Garden Grove, CA; and a Christian memorial service on Friday, September 28 at 1:30 p.m. at the Community Bible Church, Town & Country Manor, 555 East Memory Lane, Santa Ana, CA with an informal reception of the Manor’s Garden Room.
Rev. Webster was known for his generosity to both Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary through several scholarships that he established, the first of which was the Harry Webster Scholarship, a $100,000 endowment that has helped dozens of ATS students pursue their seminary degrees.
A poignant snapshot that beautifully capsulizes Mr. Webster’s 99 years of service to The Christian and Missionary Alliance and to the Body of Christ, can be read in its entirety at http://www.nyack.edu/?page=WebsterEndowment
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>