Nyack Remembers the Victims of September 11th
Today, Nyack College mourns the loss of the innocent victims of 9/11. Like each of you, we remember that day like it was yesterday. Together we prayed that survivors would be located and watched as rescue workers heroically dug through debris to find victims without concern for their own well being.
As many of you know, our Manhattan campus is just seven blocks from the former World Trade Center site. On that tragic morning staff members called to inform us of the events that they witnessed from the windows of our small chapel on the 10th floor. Thankfully, all of our faculty, staff, and students, many who were emerging from the subway beneath the World Trade Center, were spared from injury.
Unfortunately, a close friend of the college and former trustee, Fred Price, lost 68 partners, colleagues, and friends from Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P. Today, we ask that each of you remember those from the firm of Sandler O’Neill who were lost and pray for their families, friends, and, most importantly, children who are left behind. A remembrance can be found at www.sandleroneillfamily.com.
A month prior to September 11, 2001 we signed a lease that would more than quadruple our campus in New York City. This fall more than twelve hundred students will study at our campus in lower Manhattan. The days, months, and years since 9/11 have brought significant challenges for our city campus. In many ways, like others in the city, we are still recovering from the shock and devastation that we witnessed.
Despite the challenges and constant threat of other terrorist events we remain committed to building our campus in New York City. Now more than ever we see the need for providing accredited Christian education and seminary training to the greatest city in the world. We encourage you to remember those who were lost and commit with us to serve this great city.
Michael G. Scales, Ed.D.
Nyack College & Alliance Theological Seminary
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Browse Blog Archive>>