Par For the Course: Nyack's Golf Classic
It’s time to register for the annual André Thornton Golf Classic, which takes place on Wednesday, October 10 at the New York Country Club, 103 Brick Church Road in New Hempstead, NY. Registration for foursomes is in progress and can be completed online at www.nyack.edu/athletics. (Deadline is October 5.) Registration, use of the driving range a continental breakfast begins at 8:30 a.m. The tournament begins promptly at 10:00 a.m. with a scramble format.
The Golf Classic provides an opportunity to come together as a community to support Nyack students. Two discount incentives are being offered to faculty and staff of Nyack College and ATS*. Proceeds will benefit students who are in need of financial assistance to fulfill their desire to pursue a Christian education at Nyack.
Another highlight of the day will include a posthumous tribute to Nyack College alumnus, Clarence “Beef” Castel at an evening banquet. A class of 1956 graduate, Beef, touched many lives as Vice President of the Nyack Hospital Foundation, military chaplain, Nyack Ambulance Corps volunteer, Rotary member, Nyack College trustee and longtime supporter of Warrior Athletics. The Castel Cup will be unveiled at the dinner and awarded to the winning foursome.
*Brochures and details on the faculty/staff discount on the registration fee for the tournament are also available by contacting Earl Miller, Executive Director of Community Relations at (845)675-4791 or email@example.com.
- OCT 18: Amasi Trio in Concert
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Browse Blog Archive>>