RELOAD New York
Dr. Fred Arzola, Nyack College, Director of Interdisciplinary Studies and Assistant Professor, Youth Ministry and Christian Education at the New York City campus will be a featured speaker at RELOAD New York, a one-day leadership training workshop for youth workers on Saturday, September 29, 2007 beginning at 9:15 a.m. at Christian Cultural Center, 12020 Flatlands Avenue in Brooklyn, NY.
The event is sponsored by Urban Youth Workers Institute (UYWI) based in Buena Park, CA. UYWI was founded in 1993 by Dr. Larry Acosta in Southern California as an offspring of the Hispanic Ministry Center (HMC), a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, in response to the needs of young people and their families in urban Hispanic neighborhoods.
Workshop topics at the New York event include:
· Making Your Youth Ministry Relevant Without Compromise
· From Fed Up to Filled Up: The Personal Life of the Urban Youth Worker
· Understanding Hip-Hop to Reach the Hip-Hop Influenced Generation
· Sharing Our Faith in a Faithless World
· Mooks, Midriffs, Myspace & More
· Rebuilding a Fatherless Generation
· Real Steps to Dealing With the Gang Issue in Your Community
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. The cost is $15.00 in advance; $20.00 at the door. Breakfast and lunch are included in the registration fee. For more information, visit www.uywi.org.
- OCT 18: Amasi Trio in Concert
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Browse Blog Archive>>