Bilingual Education Extension
Dr. Bennett Schepens, Dean of the School of Education, recently announced that Nyack's Masters Degree in Inclusive Education has been approved by the New York State Education Department for an extension in Bilingual Education. The Master's Degree in Inclusive Education provides a choice of courses that allows currently certified teachers to add to their certification an extension that qualifies them for a specialty or additional teaching area.
The Bilingual Extension will allow the teacher to teach in a classroom where two languages are used for instruction. Most often these are transition classes for students who are moving from the language of the family to English. The other extensions offered in the Inclusive Education program are Gifted Education and Middle Level Education.
This new expansion in course offerings is scheduled to be available in the 2008-2009 academic year. For more information, contact the School of Education at 845.675.4538.
- Vote and Send Isamar Lopez to "The Voice!
- The Amasi Trio Concert
- Emerging Technology Students Showcased in Spring Show
- Rockland Chapter of Alpha Chi National Honor Society Adds Nyack College Students
- Nyack/ATS Commencement Ceremony Will Be Streamed Live at www.nyack.edu
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Browse Blog Archive>>